• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players performing above their usual level

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching the highlights of that spell of Malcolm's it was just sheer, sustained pace. First ball set the tone, and the rest of the day followed. Seriously fast bowling.

anil1405

International Captain
Sunil Joshi - 5 wickets for 6 runs vs Proteas - That game was the first time I had seen an Indian side dominate a test playing nation in all three departments of the game.
Rahul Dravid - 50 off 22 balls in an ODI
Nathan Astle fastest double ton - i mean who would have imagined Astle to hold that record for 16 years (and counting) before he actually scored that
Browne & Bradshaw partnership in the 2004 champions trophy final
Charles Coventry - 194* in an ODI
Andrew Hall's century against India in a test match while opening the batting at Kanpur
Azhar Mahmood vs South Africa in tests
Ian Bell - most runs by an English batsman in ODI cricket and looks like he will hold that record for couple of years to come

TheJediBrah

Sunil Joshi - 5 wickets for 6 runs vs Proteas - That game was the first time I had seen an Indian side dominate a test playing nation in all three departments of the game.
Rahul Dravid - 50 off 22 balls in an ODI
Nathan Astle fastest double ton - i mean who would have imagined Astle to hold that record for 16 years (and counting) before he actually scored that
Browne & Bradshaw partnership in the 2004 champions trophy final
Charles Coventry - 194* in an ODI
Andrew Hall's century against India in a test match while opening the batting at Kanpur
Azhar Mahmood vs South Africa in tests
Ian Bell - most runs by an English batsman in ODI cricket and looks like he will hold that record for couple of years to come
last one doesn't really fit the thread but otherwise these are all great examples

Zinzan

Remind me what Mahmood did in that SA series? Something like 3 hundreds in a row yeah?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah 3 ridic tons against a full bowling strength SA when Pakistan were 5 for nothing, 3 times out of 3. Never even scored a fifty against a team other than South Africa it's the best example yet in this topic

anil1405

International Captain
Remind me what Mahmood did in that SA series? Something like 3 hundreds in a row yeah?
Century and half century on debut at Rawalpindi and then scored two more centuries when Pakistan toured South Africa few months after the home series.

Top_Cat

Watching the highlights of that spell of Malcolm's it was just sheer, sustained pace. First ball set the tone, and the rest of the day followed. Seriously fast bowling.
Yeah, definitely one which fits the thread.

This guy averaged near 40 in Tests.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
James Kirtley at Trent Bridge in 2003.

Bowled (sort of) us to victory against a good SA side, and I don't recall him doing much else in any of his tests.

kingkallis

International Coach
- Ramiz Raja hitting Allan Donald for SIX!
- Gillespie's 200
- Chris Pringle's 11 wickets in a test match in Faisalabad
- Mohammad Zahid's debut match
- Shane Thomson's ton against Wasim, Waqar
- Bryan Young's 267*
- Aasif Karim's crazy spell against Australia in WC 2003
- Micheal Bevan's 10fer against WI
- Dwayne Leverock's catch

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
how about Stewie Macgill when he first made his mark in the 1999 Sydney Test against England. Never looked near that good again