• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Highest test 100 to 200 conversion rates?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fleming went 'real big' 3 out of the 9 times he made a century. He also got a 190 odd so he could have had an outstanding record here really. It's like he figured "**** I always choke before making 100, now I've made it I may as well enjoy it and bat forever"

Marvin Atapattu is of course another interesting example, a terrible starter they say, but 6 of 16 centuries were converted into doubles.

That has to be the best ratio surely? At least for people who got more than 2 of them, because off the top of my head, Mankad, Kambli and Sinclair scored 2 doubles each and they didn't many tons

Bradman turned 14 of his 29 centuries into 200 and 2 more of those 14 into 300 so yeah, Atapattu highest after him?

Last edited:

Starfighter

Tip Fosters' and Faoud Bacchus' only test hundreds were doubles. A perfect rate.

With qualifications I can't think of any better than the ones you've suggested.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Sehwag was 6 in 23, so a little over a quarter, and the same as Miandad, while Dravid was 5 in 36.

Wally Hammond had 7 in 22 (31%) and Bob Simpson 3 in 10.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honourable mention to McCullum, who got a triple and another three doubles (plus a 195) in his 12 tons.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sanga and Lara converted almost a third of their centuries into doubles, which is insane considering they both made over 30 hundreds.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Seems like an ideal thread for me to mention Mathew Sinclair, who converted two of his three Test hundreds into doubles.

Starfighter

A list of guys over a quarter with a least 3 doubles.

Bradman: 12 in 29 (41%)
Atapattu: 6 in 16 (37.5%)
Abbas: 4 in 12 (33%)
Mccullum: 4 in 12 (33%)
Fleming: 3 in 9 (33%)
Hammond: 7 in 22 (31%)
Simpson: 3 in 10 (30%)
Sangakkara: 11 in 38 (29%)
Lara: 9 in 34 (26%)
Miandad: 6 in 23 (26%)
Sehwag: 6 in 23 (26%)

Last edited:

mr_mister

Bradman's was 14, since the two triples he got don't count as doubles but IMO they should

mr_mister

Surprised Flem didn't make it in considering 5 of his 9 tons were 150+, I guess not enougn not-outs. Flower's record is ridic

mr_mister

Dennis Amiss caught my eye because he only had 3 not outs

out of his 11 tons, 8 were 150+. Now that is impressive

Best ratio there?

fredfertang

Good to see that Foxy Fowler heads Wally Hammond in this one and is on a par with McCallum, Zaheer and Fleming

viriya

International Captain
This was why atapattu was my favorite batsman when he was playing. A true statistical exception.

Bijed

International Regular
Tip Fosters' and Faoud Bacchus' only test hundreds were doubles. A perfect rate.

With qualifications I can't think of any better than the ones you've suggested.
Jason Gillespie. He only got 1 but so what.
Rob Key and Brad Hodge too, if we're going down this road - I think there was a thread about this a while back.

I assume the OP wasn't looking for these answers, though has there ever been anyone to score more than 1 ton and convert them all to doubles?

On the other side of the coin, players who got a lot of centuries but never a double? Mike Hussey & Michael Vaughan spring to mind

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
On the other side of the coin, players who got a lot of centuries but never a double? Mike Hussey & Michael Vaughan spring to mind
Azharuddin leads the list with 22 centuries. To be fair his highest score is 199.

Colin Cowdrey also has 22.

Last edited: