• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The tier below the fab 4

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is obviously only conjecture as I clearly don't know Mitch, but I always got the impression from him that he never really had the **** about him to be a truly nasty, intimidatory fast bowler. He had a facade that he put up for a brief period and he found it was very successful for him.......but I never thought it was really him. To be frank he was too nice a bloke to be that bowler.

It was probably easy enough for him to get nasty against England in 2013/14 as I reckon he had a fair score to settle against the Old Enemy, but outside of that I just reckon he was trying to play a certain way that just wasn't natural for him.

If that's true then when the Hughes tragedy happened it's little wonder that he no longer wanted to put up that front.

PS.

That is not to say in any way that I think he's soft. It doesn't make you soft to not want to hurt (potentially seriously) your opposition, but for these types of fast bowlers it does mean he didn't have that edge that the likes of a Lee. Lillee or Aktar for eg had.
Yes, this has been the general consensus. I don't think many people actually thought otherwise tbh, though I imagine it would feel differently to be out there facing him in a Test match