• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
***** can i ask where you born? i know you live in hong kong now

but i swear you support every SC team with passion in various threads

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
>tfw Afghanistan have a better spin attack than you
Honestly, in a few years if they could get a couple more decent batsmen they'd be more likely that most sides other than Pakistan to get wins in all conditions in "test" cricket.

Legitimately think that if they were playing tests now, in about 5 or so years I'd think they'd be more likely than NZ, Australia and England to win tests in Asia, and more likely than Sri Lanka and Bangladesh to win tests in Australia/England/NZ.

Not saying that makes them better than dominant home teams or anything, but having a well-rounded attack is pretty nice, as Pakistan have shown.

cnerd123

likes this
***** can i ask where you born? i know you live in hong kong now

but i swear you support every SC team with passion in various threads
I live where I was born.

Maybe explaining why I support whom I support could be smth interesting to discuss on the podcast...

Last edited:

mr_mister

how crappy is Afghanistan's running between wickets lol. they've declined so many piss easy singles

cnerd123

likes this
Afghanistan aren't thinking about winning this in singles, that's for sure.

Need to give Mahmadullah a bowl

viriya

International Captain
Afghanistan have a good chance of pulling this off it seems.. Betfair gives them 42%. cricodds with ~64%.

Probably potential for a choke though since this is relatively new territory for them.

Howe_zat

Audio File
how crappy is Afghanistan's running between wickets lol. they've declined so many piss easy singles
Probably their biggest weakness as an ODI side, scoring off every ball would have been crucial to chasing down 265 or any other average to good score.

Here they have other issues but still

Howe_zat

Audio File
Stanikzai and Nabi were both there in 2008 when Afghanistan played their first official games against Germany, Japan and Jersey in WCL division 5. This is pretty much the ideal partnership to be winning away ODIs against full members. C'mon

grecian

I've just started watching again, so expect it all to go badly for the Afghans now, like it did last time.