• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016

cnerd123

likes this
Afghanistan ODI series in Bangladesh confirmed | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Bangladesh and Afghanistan will play their first-ever bilateral ODI series in September, the Afghanistan Cricket Board and BCB confirmed on Sunday. The two sides will play the three-match series on September 25, 28 and October 1 at the Shere Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.

Pretty exciting to see BD host an associate nation. On the one hand, I hope they thrash Afghanistan and send a strong message that they are a cut above the other associates. On the other hand, you do kinda want to see Afghanistan do well.

Should be fun to watch.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Bangladesh lose I suspect that will be more down to the Afghans playing well than the Banglas doing badly - they may still lack a bit of strength in depth but the Afghans have several men capable of turning a game and when a team has that they can beat anyone - just ask the WIndies T20 side

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, averaging over 70 at FC cricket. I know Bangladesh cricket is of a questionable quality and pitches there have been pretty flat lately but that suggests a lot of talent.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
BD needs to step up the gas now. Weather getting very gloomy and the situation os fairly safe to push the run rate just in case if game gets curtailed

cnerd123

likes this
BD's finishing still leaves a lot to be desired. Shabbir can't carry the big-hitting burdens on his own.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah should have aimed for 280+ after getting through most of the spin overs for three down. Mushfiqur should be disappointed, bloke has played enough to be better than that at home.

0 boundaries from numbers 6,7 and 8 in the order

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Reckon BD can still defend this. Better sides have struggled to chase less. No Fizzy, but Taskin/Rubel/Mortaza are a still decent seam attack, and Taijul can do a job. And ofc, there is Shakib.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Still you would expect 265 to be enough. Means Afhanistan won't be able to have any time with the bowling side on top on a slow pitch, and I expect the Bangladesh spinners won't just get launched over the ropes like they could do against a top level batting order.