• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
One day Bangladesh will ask themselves why they persisted with Imrul Kayes in the ODI side and no one will have answer. They will also ask themselves why Mahmudullah is not a permanent number 3 in the ODI side and once again there will be silence.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Kayes been alright since his comeback hasn't he?
Kayes 1.0 was absolutely dreadful in Tests, and slow but kind of reliable and generally not terrible by Bangladesh standards in ODIs.

Kayles 2.0 has been much better in Tests, but still exactly the same as Kayes 1.0 in ODIs. In past Bangladesh teams that would've been fine (which is why Kayes 1.0 played so many ODIs) but they can do better now (which is why he eventually got dropped from the ODIs in the first place) unless he actually takes his Test improvements to ODIs. I can sort of see why they're giving him another go given his Test improvements, but I'd much rather see someone else.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Kayes 2.0 is basically the match saving century against Pakistan last year in the second innings batting out Day 4 and 5 which is impressive no doubt. But I am not sure that is enough to warrant him a number 3 spot in the ODI side ahead of Mahmudullah after the World Cup he had and his overall record.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
no

There's more to scoring effectively than just deciding to, ftr

I could have decided to hit five singles and two off every over if I were out in the middle. Wouldn't have managed it though
It's the 'intent' that counts you got it son..you got it.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
no matter what i dont want to see any version of kayes in odis esp. even if he scores a century, he will somehow manage to drop crucial catches. but apparently chandika likes him so he's staying i guess