• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International cricket captain sim league

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Inspired by Samuel Vimes' current FC league, I will be hosting a sim league using the PC game International Cricket Captain 2013 (yes, I know it's not the latest version but I can't be f'd updating for what is essentially the same game). Another reason why I'm using ICC '13 is because I am in possession of an editing program for the game which allows me to compile teams of players from different countries from any era.

I'm looking for 8 players, at this stage I won't be participating, just managing. However, if we struggle for numbers I'll join in.

RULES:

- This will be just a basic ATG draft, meaning that pretty much anyone is available. However, the 'All time greats' mode in ICC '13 has a few notable players missing from the game (Michael Slater being one off the top of my head) and so, before we start I'll post a list of who's available & who isn't.

- Rather than the use of round orders, the draft will operate on a free-for-all basis from round to round where (like Vimes' FC draft in the latter stages) a timer will be set for the start of each round.

- Each player selects a squad of 14 players.

- Once we have 8 players, the teams will be split into two groups where they will each play one another in the group stage. The top 2 from each group will progress to the semis & then the final. Basically a 1975 CWC setup.

- Before each match I will provide pitch & weather details.

If you have any other questions/suggestions please throw them my way.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
that's so funny, I was fiddling around with some matches on this recently and also noticed Slater was randomly missing. Why him I wonder, lazy devs?

Anyway.... sign me up lol

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
that's so funny, I was fiddling around with some matches on this recently and also noticed Slater was randomly missing. Why him I wonder, lazy devs?

Anyway.... sign me up lol
I actually asked the makers of the game on facebook recently why Slater & some other big names (Warwick Armstrong too I think) were missing & apparently the ATGs weren't selected manually, but with some kind of software system.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
1. MORGIEB
2. MrMister
3. AndyZaltzHair
4. Howezat
5. Viscount Tom
6. The Battler's Prince
7. AndrewB
8. GIMH

So 8 was the magic number I believe?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry Shri, you were a touch late mate. However, one of the other guys might let you co-manage a team with them. If someone drops out I'll PM you.

So now that we have our magic 8 we're good to go. I'll be back online soon with a list of available players & some more info.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd like to manage a team but I cbf with the draft.

So basically if there's a furball I'd be happy to jump in and take over

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
This will be just a basic ATG draft, meaning that pretty much anyone is available. However, the 'All time greats' mode in ICC '13 has a few notable players missing from the game (Michael Slater being one off the top of my head) and so, before we start I'll post a list of who's available & who isn't.
I'm not sure I would be able to participate, but if you want, I can send you a link to a player editor which essentially allows you to convert any nobody to any player in history. You can see the values of the already ATG players (or any current great) as a sort of reference when creating these players.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Available players...

Charles Bannerman, Brad Hodge, Greg Chappell, Michael Clarke, Ricky Ponting, Jack Ryder, Michael Hussey, Stephen Waugh, Matthew Hayden, Allan Border, Neil Harvey, Doug Walters, Bill Ponsford, Adam Gilchrist, Bob Cowper, Bob Simpson, Dean Jones, Arthur Morris, Damien Martyn, Justin Langer, Simon Katich, Darren Lehmann, David Boon, Mark Taylor, Ian Redpath, Ian Chappell, Mark Waugh, Charles Macartney, Graham Yallop, Andrew Symonds, David Warner, Victor Trumper, Keith Stackpole, Keith Miller, Jack Gregory, Brad Haddin, Shane Watson, David Hookes, Greg Blewett, Ken Mackay, Geoff Marsh, Phil Hughes, Steve Smith, Monty Noble, Simon O'Donnell, Usman Khawaja, Michael Bevan, Ian Healy, Brad Hogg, Paul Reiffel, Rod Marsh, Alan Davidson, Syd Gregory, George Giffen, Mitchell Starc, Gary Gilmour, Ray Lindwall, Brett Lee, Hugh Trumble, Mitchell Johnson, Max Walker, Damien Fleming, Jason Gillespie, Ryan Harris, Nathan Bracken, Shane Warne, Don Tallon, Andy Bichel, Mervyn Hughes, Geoff Lawson, Peter Siddle, Ernie Toshack, Nathan Lyon, Tim May, Clarrie Grimmett, Denis Lillee, Bill Whitty, Tibby Cotter, Stuart Clark, Bill O'Reilly, Jeff Thomson, Graham McKenzie, Craig McDermott, Ashley Mallett, CTB Turner, Bill Johnston, Bob Massie, Arthur Mailey, Len Pascoe, Michael Kasprowicz, Stuart MacGill, Fred Spofforth, Glenn McGrath, Shaun Tait, Bruce Reid, Bert Ironmonger

Herbert Sutcliffe, Eddie Paynter, Ken Barrington, KS Duleepsinhji, Wally Hammond, Jack Hobbs, Len Hutton, Ernest Tyldesley, Denis Compton, Jonathan Trott, Phil Mead, Alistair Cook, Kevin Pietersen, FS Jackson, Douglas Jardine, Geoff Boycott, Patsy Hendren, Peter May, Joe Hardstaff jr, Ian Bell, Denis Amiss, KS Ranjitsinhji, Graham Thorpe, David Gower, Colin Cowdrey, Marcus Trescothick, Robin Smith, John Edrich, Graham Gooch, Michael Vaughan, Andrew Strauss, Les Ames, Paul Collingwood, Tony Greig, Basil D'Olivera, Keith Fletcher, Alec Stewart, Andrew Sandham, Michael Atherton, Nasser Hussain, Allan Lamb, Andrew Stoddart, Mike Gatting, Mark Butcher, Eoin Morgan, Archie MacLaren, Ian Botham, Alan Knott, WG Grace, CB Fry, Andrew Flintoff, Graeme Hick, Johnny Tyldesley, Wilfred Rhodes, Joe Root, Trevor Bailey, Jonny Bairstow, Billy Bates, Jack Russell, Matt Prior, Peter Willey, Maurice Tate, Stuart Broad, Craig White, Nick Knight, Graeme Swann, Billy Barnes, Ray Illingworth, Mike Brearley, Gilbert Jessop, Hedley Verity, Ashley Giles, Godfrey Evans, Johnny Wardle, Harold Larwood, Johnny Briggs, Simon Jones, Dominic Cork, Phil Edmonds, Bob Taylor, Phil DeFreitas, Chris Old, Jim Laker, Fred Trueman, Steven Finn, John Snow, Bill Voce, Graham Dilley, Alec Bedser, Darren Gough, Stephen Harmison, Derek Underwood, Bob Willis, Brian Statham, Tom Richardson, Frank Tyson, James Anderson, Chris Tremlett, Andrew Caddick, Matthew Hoggard, Colin Blythe, George Lohmann, SF Barnes, Angus Fraser, Mike Hendrick, Devon Malcolm, Monty Panesar, Phil Tufnell

Cheteshwar Pujara, Vinod Kambli, Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Sunil Gavaskar, Virender Sehwag, Vijay Hazare, VVS Laxman, Mohammad Azharuddin, Gautam Gambhir, Mohinder Amarnath, Polly Umrigar, Sourav Ganguly, Dilip Vengsarkar, Navjot Sidhu, Virat Kohli, Gundappa Viswanath, MS Dhoni, Vijay Manjrekar, Murali Vijay, Sandeep Patil, Ravi Ashwin, Ravi Shastri, Chandu Borde, Yuvraj Singh, Manoj Prabhakar, Mushtaq Ali, Irfan Pathan, Vinoo Mankad, Kapil Dev, ML Jaisimha, Kris Srikkanth, Parthiv Patel, Suresh Raina, Syed Kirmani, Ajay Jadeja, Bapu Nadkarni, Eknath Solkar, Gulabrai Ramchand, Lala Amarnath, Nayan Mongia, Roger Binny, Madan Lal, Chetan Sharma, Anil Kumble, Javagal Srinath, Ranakant Desai, Erapalli Prasanna, Zaheer Khan, Ajit Agarkar, Harbhajan Singh, Venkatapathy Raju, Ishant Sharma, Pragyan Ojha, Bishan Bedi, Ghulam Ahmed, Venkatesh Prasad, Subhash Gupte, Ashish Nehra, Narendra Hirwani, Dilip Doshi, Bhagwat Chandrasekhar. Maninder Singh

John F Reid, Martin Crowe, Mark Richardson, Glenn Turner, Andrew Jones, Ross Taylor, Jack Ryder, Bert Sutcliffe, Stephen Fleming, Craig McMillan, John Wright, Jeremy Coney, Nathan Astle, Jacob Oram, Brendon McCullum, Scott Styris, Lou Vincent, Chris Cairns, John R Reid, Kane Williamson, Goeff Howarth, Bevan Congdon, Bryan Young, Geoff Rabone, Graham Dowling, Shane Thomson, Martin Guptill, Milfred Page, Daniel Vettori, Richard Hadlee, Adam Parore, Ian Smith, Roger Twose, Merv Wallace, Dion Nash, James Franklin, Dipak Patel, Chris Harris, John Bracewell, Bruce Taylor, Tony MacGibbon, Tim Southee, Daryl Tuffey, Lance Cairns, Martin Snedden, Simon Doull, Richard Collinge, Gavin Larsen, Trent Boult, Shane Bond, Hedley Howarth, Frank Cameron, Kyle Mills, Dick Motz, Shane O'Connor, Jack Cowie, Ewen Chatfield, Danny Morrison, Iain O'Brien, Chris Martin

Javed Miandad, Mohammad Yousuf, Younis Khan, Inzamam-ul-haq, Saeed Anwar, Zaheer Abbas, Shoaib Mohammad, Hanif Mohammad, Saleem Malik, Misbah-ul-haq, Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Saeed Ahmed, Mushtaq Mohammad, Majid Khan, Asif Iqbal, Mudassar Nazar, Taufeeq Umar, Imran Khan, Ijaz Ahmed, Shahid Afridi, Wasim Raja, Aamer Sohail, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Imran Farhat, Rameez Raja, Salman Butt, Imitaz Ahmed, Rashid Latif, Kamran Akmal, Moin Khan, Abdul Razzaq, Azhar Mahmood, Wazir Mohammad, Asif Mujtaba, Abdul Kardar, Wasim Akram, Intikhab Alam, Sarfraz Nawaz, Tauseef Ahmed, Wasim Bari, Abdul Qadir, Saqlain Mushtaq, Fazal Mahmood, Pervez Sajjad, Abdur Rehman, Iqbal Qasim, Mohammad Aamer, Mushtaq Ahmed, Mohammad Sami, Saeed Ajmal, Waqar Younis, Shoaib Akhtar, Khan Mohammad, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Asif, Aaqib Javed

Quinton de Kock, Barry Richards, Jacques Kallis, Graeme Pollock, Hashim Amla, Dudley Nourse, JP Duminy, Kepler Wessels, Jimmy Cook, Graeme Smith, AB deVilliers, Eric Rowan, Gary Kirsten, Jackie McGlew, Bruce Mitchell, Daryll Cullinan, Peter Kirsten, Jacques Rudolph, Dean Elgar, Hansie Cronje, Dave Nourse, Lance Klusener, Herschelle Gibbs, Jonty Rhodes, Clive Rice, Trevor Goddard, Lee Irvine, Faf du Plessis, Alviro Petersen, Eddie Barlow, Brian McMillan, Colin Bland, Roy McLean, Andrew Hudson, Aubrey Faulkner, Dave Callaghan, Mike Procter, John Waite, Justin Kemp, Nicky Boje, Alan Kourie, Mark Boucher, Shaun Pollock, Clive van Ryneveld, Dave Richardson, Pat Symcox, Vernon Philander, Robin Peterson, John Watkins, Athol Rowan, Reggie Schwarz, Peter Pollock, Richard Snell, Jimmy Sinclair, Steve Elworthy, Bert Vogler, Craig Matthews, Corrie van Zyl, Cyril Vincent, Tufty Mann, Hugh Tayfield, Paul Adams, Fanie deVilliers, Morne Morkel, Vince van der Bijl, Peter Heine, Imran Tahir, Dale Steyn, Allan Donald, Makhaya Ntini, Joe Partridge, Denys Hobson, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Neil Adcock, Alfred Hall

Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Tilhan Samaraweeera, Aravinda de Silva, Hashan Tillakaratne, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Sanath Jayasuriya, Angelo Mathews, Marvan Atapattu, Asanka Gurusinha, Roy Dias, Roashan Mahanama, Arjuna Ranatunga, Lahiru Thirimanne, Duleep Mendis, Upul Tharanga, Russel Arnold, Upul Chandana, Romesh Kaluwitharana, Ravi Ratnayeke, Chaminda Vaas, Kumar Dharmasena, Thisara Perera, Rumesh Ratnayeke, Ashantha de Mel, Vinothen John, Pramodya Wickramasinghe, Somachandra de Silva, Muttiah Muralitharan, Lasith Malinga, Dilhara Fernando, Ajantha Mendis, Rangana Herath, Nuwan Zoysa

George Headley, Everton Weekes, Garfield Sobers, Clyde Walcott, Charlie Davis, Brian Lara, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Vivian Richards, Frank Worrell, Seymour Nurse, Rohan Kanhai, Clive Lloyd, Conrad Hunte, Gordon Greenidge, Darren Bravo, Alvin Kallicharran, Richie Richardson, Lawrence Rowe, Roy Fredericks, Chris Gayle, Jeff Stollmeyer, Desmond Haynes, Jimmy Adams, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Larry Gomes, Kirk Edwards, Marlon Samuels, Carl Hooper, Wavell Hinds, Jeff Dujon, Denis Atkinson, Collie Smith, Dwayne Bravo, Keith Arthurton, Clifford Roach, John Goddard, Gerry Gomez, Ridley Jacobs, Denesh Ramdin, Deryck Murray, Phil Simmons, Franklyn Stephenson, Learie Constantine, Malcolm Marshall, Roger Harper, Wes Hall, Sylvester Clarke, Andy Roberts, Ravi Rampaul, Tino Best, Michael Holding, Jerome Taylor, Joel Garner, Curtly Ambrose, Ian Bishop, Colin Croft, Mervyn Dillon, Sonny Ramadhin, Tony Gray, Courtney Walsh, Lance Gibbs, Patrick Patterson, Fidel Edwards, Roy Gilchrist, Alf Valentine, Reon King, Jermaine Lawson
Apologies in advance for any spelling errors.

I haven't listed Bangadesh & Zimbabwe players because there aren't any bigtime omissions from those teams. Players such as Tamim, Shakib, the Flowers, Streak & Houghton are all a yes.

Before we start I'd just like to clarify, this will be a Test match tournament &, of course, Bradman is disallowed. I'd also like to remind you all to be careful when considering current players who debuted after 2010. Remember, we are using ICC '13 to sim this, for example, a player such as Joe Root had only played 4 Tests when this game was made. Be sure to keep this in mind.

Once everyone has selected their entire squads the teams will be seeded into groups & I will go over the points system for the group stage. Good luck everybody.

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not sure I would be able to participate, but if you want, I can send you a link to a player editor which essentially allows you to convert any nobody to any player in history. You can see the values of the already ATG players (or any current great) as a sort of reference when creating these players.
Yes, that's the very program I am going to use. Faizan cricket editor I think it's called. But I think it's a bit iffy and unfair to start creating players, it's just best to leave them out.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sorry Shri, you were a touch late mate. However, one of the other guys might let you co-manage a team with them. If someone drops out I'll PM you.

So now that we have our magic 8 we're good to go. I'll be back online soon with a list of available players & some more info.
Eh, **** it. Have fun. Maybe next time.