• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International cricket captain sim league

Shri

Mr. Glass
You know, on second thoughts id much prefer not to have an impact on this draft considering I am the host. I'm gonna toss lindwall and lillee back into the player pool and condense the draft to 9 players.

Basically, I'm now reverting to a 1992 world cup format. Everyone will play each other once and the top 4 will reach the finals.

Good luck with round 3 everyone.
Are we playing ODIs?

Shri

Mr. Glass
3. Kumar Sangakkara[+]
8. Shaun Pollock
11. Curtly Ambrose

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shri I don't think we're playing ODIs. Too many pre-ODI players have been chosen and we'd have to take guesses at their LO strike rates

Also knowing ICC like I do I think it takes into account FC stats so I feel my Headley choice is quite decent

Shri

Mr. Glass
Shri I don't think we're playing ODIs. Too many pre-ODI players have been chosen and we'd have to take guesses at their LO strike rates

Also knowing ICC like I do I think it takes into account FC stats so I feel my Headley choice is quite decent
Yeah, can't go wrong with the Black Bradman.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Are we playing ODIs?
No. As it was before, this is a Test match tournament.

I'm all good with simming more matches. Everyone here seems keen on the concept so I doubt there will be any dropouts. If so, no drama, we go back to an eight team tournament.

Since we're now using this new format, which gives each team 8 matches in the group stage, the possibility of having four 'home' games & for 'away' games is on the cards. What does everyone think of a 15th round where players choose a home nation where all of their home games will be played?

For example, if you choose Australia, then all your home games would be in Oz. If you chose Zimbabwe, then Harare Sport Club it is. Of course, no two players would be allowed to share a 'home' nation.

And perhaps the tenth and final Test nation that remains unchosen could be the 'neutral' venue where the finals are held.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
No. As it was before, this is a Test match tournament.

I'm all good with simming more matches. Everyone here seems keen on the concept so I doubt there will be any dropouts. If so, no drama, we go back to an eight team tournament.

Since we're now using this new format, which gives each team 8 matches in the group stage, the possibility of having four 'home' games & for 'away' games is on the cards. What does everyone think of a 15th round where players choose a home nation where all of their home games will be played?

For example, if you choose Australia, then all your home games would be in Oz. If you chose Zimbabwe, then Harare Sport Club it is. Of course, no two players would be allowed to share a 'home' nation.

And perhaps the tenth and final Test nation that remains unchosen could be the 'neutral' venue where the finals are held.

Thoughts?
Gotcha

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alan Davidson an awesome pick for a statistics based exercise like ICC simming

Statistically, he's basically just as valuable as Richard Hadlee as an FC all-rounder

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Alan Davidson an awesome pick for a statistics based exercise like ICC simming

Statistically, he's basically just as valuable as Richard Hadlee as an FC all-rounder
Yeah just the WPM the main difference, it will be interesting to see how they play in comparison to each other.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Round four will begin in 12 hours.

I can't be arsed posting a countdown clock link using my phone so just make your pick 12 hours after this post.

Anyone keen on the home nation idea? If not ill just stage all of the matches in random locations