• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A different kind of test cricket DRAFT

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lehman would have in January, he replaced Ponting halfway during the '98/99 Ashes series

and Martyn played a bunch of ODIs so that's why I assumed he was in. You're right about Hogg though def didnt

Howe_zat

Audio File
Australia 1948 thanks

1. S Barnes
2. A Morris
3. D Bradman
4. N Harvey
5. L Hassett
6. K Miller
7. D Tallon
8. C McCool / I Johnston
9. R Lindwall
10. W Johnston
11. E Toshack

mr_mister

haha was hoping your proud British roots would make you choose an english side and leave me Bradman

mr_mister

After looking at a lot of years surrounding this one, England's 1955 gives me the best available squad. England were spoilt for choice in the 1950s

Batsman:

Len Hutton
Tom Graveney
Colin Cowdrey
John Edrich
Denis Compton
Peter May
Ken Barrington
Reg Simpson

Keepers:

Godfrey Evans

All Rounders:

Trevor Bailey
Brian Close

Bowlers:

Fred Trueman
Frank Tyson
Brian Statham
Alec Bedser
Jim Laker
Tony Lock
Johnny Wardle
Bob Appleyard
Fred Titmus

That's not even everyone but that's good enough. Light on back-up keepers (Keith Andrew played in the 54-55 series but didn't actually play in 1955) and Cyril Washbook played one more test in 1956 but none in 1955. Whatever, 1955 is the best option here. Such massive depth of bowlers and batsman, happy with this

So lucky to get a debuting Barrington and a retiring Hutton in the same year, as well as Trueman and Bedser who only played a test each in '55 as Tyson and Statham did most of the pacework. But happy to have all 4 to pick from

Last edited:

mr_mister

I thought you chose '99 specifically to get Healy and Gilchrist in case of a keeper injury... do simulations have injuries occur in them? Everyone was worried about back-up keepers in that FC draft currently running

kingkallis

International Coach
I thought you chose '99 specifically to get Healy and Gilchrist in case of a keeper injury... do simulations have injuries occur in them? Everyone was worried about back-up keepers in that FC draft currently running
No they dont get injured in sims :P

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Holy ****, that England bowling unit. Think it might even be better than the WIndies.

mr_mister

Well I'm fine with it. I think your 31 years rule should be adjusted accordingly, atm West Indies early 1950s squad is unavaible (with the 3 W's and Ramadin/Valentine) because its technically within 31 years of 1979 despite none of those players even making it 1969 let alone 1979.

So discretion should be used I think.