• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Maurice Odumbe- A match-fixer?

Rich2001

International Captain
Iam sorry but the guy (if this is true) who agranged this with Odumbe should have saved his money... Kenya were going to lose anyway :saint:

Iam sorry, on a serious note if it is true it would be very surpising like Marc said I think it would have to run much deeper than just Maurice Odumbe

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
betting these days is more complex than u think. it is not just days result but also includes other things like no of catches, highest run scorer for each side etc. so i can understand how he could have been involved.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thoroughly agree with Craig - it would be a great shame if we had another Cronje-Azharrudin - an extremely talented player (by relative standards in Odumbe's case) being found guilty of the ultimate offence.

Craig

World Traveller
Richard said:
I thoroughly agree with Craig - it would be a great shame if we had another Cronje
I had the belief at the time that the late Wessels Johannes Cronje was one of the better captains in the world.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not to mention a very, very good batsman indeed and an (inevitably) much-underrated bowler.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
harry674 said:
betting these days is more complex than u think. it is not just days result but also includes other things like no of catches, highest run scorer for each side etc. so i can understand how he could have been involved.
I still don't see how only he can have been involved in it though.

It's impossible for 1 man to influence the other 21.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Are you kidding? What? Why on earth would someone pay a player from a minor team to play badly? What would it gain? Anyway, his performances in the last World Cup were superb, the only connection with match-fixing would be the players he played against...

Anyway, what's the point in paying him not to perform? He's not even the captain, he can't influence the team. The captain Steve Tikolo who had a poor World Cup, would be a far more likely option to approach, not suggesting he was though. But yet again, why bother approaching him? Kenya got through to the semis didn't they? So why isn't someone investigating if they were paid to do well? ;)