Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Sussex Retain The County Championship?

International Debutant a massive zebra's Avatar
    Eggs Champion!

Can Sussex Retain The County Championship?

The success of Sussex last year was a surprise to many. Can they repeat their triumph again this year?
    THE ULTIMATE CRICKET WEB ARCADE EGGS CHAMPION

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1990-2006
    RIP Craig Walsh (AKA "Craig"), 1985-2012

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    nah..coz its lancashires year this year
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Pinball Champion!
    No... Because apart from guys at the top like Surrey, and at the bottom like Durham and Derbyshire and to a lesser extent Somerset, the CC is just a mush of mediocre teams who are very similar in ability...

If surrey dont win it, it could be anyones year... as usual....
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    Very good post, i was in england last summer and followed Suusex and surrey very closely.
    So if nor Sussex who do u think is going to be champion this Yr. Does surrey have any chance, they were unlucky last yr i think?

Sussex are still going with Mushtaq and Goodwin, lets see how they do this season?
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

Cricket Web Vice Administrator
    No... They won simply because of Mushtaq IMO and now teams have had a season to get use to him now and I bet he wont get anywhere near the 100+ wickets he got last season.

And I think alot of teams have improved their squads alot this season and Sussex have done very little apart from bring Ian Ward in, they also got rid of some very talented players too.

I think as had been said alot of the teams are very equal now, and any number of teams Could take the title.

Surrey were only unlucky in the fact they got so many draws, at the end of the day it was quite even in that I recall a few of them games, Surrey on the losing part before the draw saved them (Lancashire opening day springs to mind) and I think 1/2 were due to weather.
    Last edited by Rich2001; 12-03-2004 at 06:14 PM.

nope kent will
    liveyalifenikhilsway@hotmail.com -MSN

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Hello and welcome back
    Rain has stopped and palyers are back in the middle
    Play is about to stop

Maybe Yorkshire if they get their line-up right, some luck and anything could happen.

Lancashire probably have the best batting line-up of all County Championship sides with Hooper, Law etc.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Sussex didn't really deserve the Championship last year IMO and I'd be very surprised to see them retain it.
    Not as disappointed as I'd be if we miss promotion again.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Well a club like Yorkshire should always be there or there about's in Division 1.

Another run gluttonery for Mark Ramprakash I predict.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Amongst plenty of others!

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by Craig
    Maybe Yorkshire if they get their line-up right, some luck and anything could happen.
    They'd need a hell of a lot of luck to win the Championship from Division 2!!!!!!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Rik
    They could win it again, but Goodwin and Mushy played out of their skins last year. I'm hoping someone else will win it, like Kent or Middlesex but it will probably be Surrey.
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Originally posted by marc71178
    They'd need a hell of a lot of luck to win the Championship from Division 2!!!!!!
    Well of course. They need some luck and get their line-up and everything working right to win Div 2.

International Debutant a massive zebra's Avatar
    Eggs Champion!
    Originally posted by Rik
    They could win it again, but Goodwin and Mushy played out of their skins last year. I'm hoping someone else will win it, like Kent or Middlesex but it will probably be Surrey.
    Goodwin did well last year, but if you take his treble century out of the equation, his record was not that stunning, averaging under 50 I think. Sussex would probably still have become champions without that great innings.

Mushy was outstanding last year, but often players find life harder in their second season as teams get used to their style of bowling. Saqlain was unplayable in his first season with Surrey, yet last season he averaged over 30.

It would be good to see Kent win it, and I think they have a chance if the England selectors bizarely continue to ignore the brilliant Martin Saggers.

Rik
    Originally posted by a massive zebra
    Goodwin did well last year, but if you take his treble century out of the equation, his record was not that stunning, averaging under 50 I think. Sussex would probably still have become champions without that great innings.

Mushy was outstanding last year, but often players find life harder in their second season as teams get used to their style of bowling. Saqlain was unplayable in his first season with Surrey, yet last season he averaged over 30.

It would be good to see Kent win it, and I think they have a chance if the England selectors bizarely continue to ignore the brilliant Martin Saggers.
    Saqlain was pretty damn effective for a long time and last year was his 1st bad year if my memory serves me. Goodwin certainly made their job easier!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information