• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Confusing Draft

Victor Ian

International Coach
Confusing Draft

Round 1 starts - everyone votes for 6 players who they want in order of value, ie. 1,2,..6. You get the top three available.
If any choose the same they have to convince the umpire why they deserve the player.
The umpire is "everyone votes after round on each contention". high score wins

After each player has receieved their 3 players, they can choose to offer a swap.
Make your case to the player you wish to swap. The umpire decides in liueu of the real player and makes the final decision.
If you convince him, he comes to your team and your player goes to their team.
The umpire is "everyone votes after round on each contention". high score wins

you argument can be anything you think is relevant.
You might be deserving of a player to provide an even competition.
Another player might be not deserving for the same reason.
You might entice a player to swap to be on a better team, with known teammates, or because their play style is better suited to your team.

You may choose to change your picks until they are final (please edit your picks list post until round is finished) then i'll tally them and list all contentions for voting on and award players.
It may be useful to choose players no one argues against and lock them in.
Border is in - Let's see who has him in the end though. All other players are in

You need to be able to waste a bit of time defending any contentions that come your way each round
you may feel picked on if everyone votes against your 'solid' arguement. you may BE picked on!

you have enough time to change your team list as you do to edit the field. if you want to change to avoid collisions, do so within about a day, or whatever it is

Sample draft: 2 days to get your draft lists in and sufficiently convince anyone of why you deserve players - 6 players

him:
border
sobers
marshall
khan
miller
kallis

her:
bradman
border
sobers
khan
marshall
lillee

you:
border
stein
mcgrath
warne
murali
barnes

me:
border
tendulkar
hayden
lara
gatting
viv

their:
border
gower
m waugh
s waugh
gilchrist
mcgrath

arguments:
him: i deserve border because you suck.
you: do not
him: do too!
her: i deserve sobers because i don't drink and he'd like it in my team.

meanwhile:

you: change team to (editing team post)

you:
border
stein
mcgrath
warne
murali
barnes

votes draft: 1 day - so what do we have?

5 people want border. they are posting their case. trying to convince people. Notice how her wants Border but not as much as him. Her can still convince everyone that border defers to her for a win on that pick.
2 people vie for sobers and marshall and a few others. Same thing goes. Vote time will be declared
the border vote may have gone her way, and sobers too, meaning me would score tendulkar hayden and lara. you would have gotten stein, mcgrath and warne as these had no duplicates. Him might be feeling hard done by only getting marshall, khan and miller. It's possible you lose 5 or even 6 of your players to contentions. The 3 players that you gain might then contain a couple of lucky dips. Lucky dips will consists of players listed each round that were not won, such as, viv, in the example above.

transfers: 1 - day
me says that border should come to them from herteam in exchange for Hayden as Hayden could prosper in a team with Bradman. Her argues that Bradman is more deserving to play under Border.
him says he'll give Miller to her because Bradman likes him and he deserves Border from her because you can not have Border and Sobers in the same team. It's bull****. Her argues 'lol'.

votes transfer - 1 day - for me and her
Border is swapped for Hayden - me lols at her. her says gf.
Border is not swapped to him. - me lols at him

New round: 3 players awarded to each team & posted

This repeats for 4 rounds for a total of 12 players on each team
Each round can still argue for transfers of previous players but they are otherwise out of drafts. Will be interesting to see where Border ends up.

This should take 4 x (2+1+1+1) = 16 days to complete.

I will call Start and End of Rounds at a certain time each day.

I guess this might be good with about 8 playery players.

Who's in

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
so the arguing process comes to down? who comes up with the wittier insult or pointing out how much your team needs it

Victor Ian

International Coach
so the arguing process comes to down? who comes up with the wittier insult or pointing out how much your team needs it
yeah - in cases just like this.

in other cases I think good cases can be made. He formed a good duo with him in real life (hayden/langer tendulkar/dravid mcgrath/warne border/boon - therefore they should be together. Hammond and Bradman were great rivals so Hammond should come to my team - shouldn't be on same team. They both played for Australia... .He is ugly and....so are many in my team.... Have pity on me - My team needs a great!

I think the trading is where it could be exciting. You have to defend your players. Pick players who make them stay.

And yeah..... Anyone who picks Watson can save him for a forced exchange in round 10 to Watson (if he plays) - can't see that argument losing.

Last edited: