• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Warne get a One Day recall? Should he?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
To be recalled he has to want to play again. It's up to him as it has already been said.

desai

Cricket Spectator
i don't think so he should play in one dayers....it's better for warne to concentrate on just test cricket and try to play alleast 2 more years...also aussies don't need him in one day form of game as they doing very well with hogg ,symonds, clarke...

a massive zebra

International Captain
Of course he should return to the one-day side if he makes himself available. I thought he had retired tho? If not he will bring more variety to the attack and is clearly worth his place in the side. The best spinner they've got by miles - much better than Hogg and MacGill is unreliable.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I would rather have him prolonging his test career...

IMO the Aussie one day successes of the future will not really revolve around 10 overs from Warne over Hogg...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
desai said:
i don't think so he should play in one dayers....it's better for warne to concentrate on just test cricket and try to play alleast 2 more years...also aussies don't need him in one day form of game as they doing very well with hogg ,symonds, clarke...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Two rubbish part-time fingerspinners and one of the worst wristies I've ever seen! Sure, they're likely to do well!
I don't know that we can be certain that Warne will still be playing in 2007, so personally I'm not sure I'd bother coming out of retirement if I were him. Certainly he's still likely to be every bit as good a one-day bowler as he was pre-suspension, but I personally would prefer it if he just concentrated on the Test game as far as internationals are concerned.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
If Warne makes himself available for ODI's, then he would be an automatic selection.

Also I think he should be in the ODI side.

aussiefan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
yes if he makes himself available then he will be recalled in the one day side which i think should happen

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If you want to take that view everything is meaningless.
Meaning has everything and everything has meaning. If you don't want to, don't watch it.
Most people do, though, so they've all got quite a bit of meaning.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
mavric41 said:
Most ODI's are meaningless nowadays. he should forget them and concentrate on test matches.
I hate it when people (like you) say ODI's are meaningless.

Both ODI's and Test Matches hold equal importance!

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Ford_GTHO351 said:
I hate it when people (like you) say ODI's are meaningless.

Both ODI's and Test Matches hold equal importance!
No way.

Even the players don't think so.

tooextracool

International Coach
mavric41 said:
No way.

Even the players don't think so.
this is quite true as every test match has importance. i wouldnt say that ODI's are meaningless but im quite sure that any team would take a test match series win over a one day series win unless of course u r talking about the WC or the ICC championships

Andre

International Regular
Warne will come out of ODI retirement after his summer at Hampshire is over.

You heard it here first.