• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What does this site underrate/overrate?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Overrated : This site's NZ posters. Much like their cricket team, they used to be the likeable ones and hit their peak (atleast in numbers if not in quality) in 2014-15. Now they're the ****tiest group on here. Constantly getting into silly little fights, stinking up the politics thread, using ****** injokes which even half you nzers don't get, and generally being a testy and irritable bunch.

Now don't get me wrong, I still like all of you blokes individually, but as a group, the decline has been steep. Far less than the sum of the parts. Blocky may actually need to come back. Proved a brilliant common foe.
Blocky coming back would at least deflect attention away from how bad Zinzan and Howsie are, I agree.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Overrated: Average at certain batting positions - I'll maintain to my dying day it's not as important as its made out to be

Underrated: Limited Overs cricket

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Overrated: Average at certain batting positions - I'll maintain to my dying day it's not as important as its made out to be

Underrated: Limited Overs cricket
I generally agree, until it becomes something that the batsman knows/cares about. If it begins to play on him mentally then it does matter - and some batsmen have that tendency, very particular and anal about things.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blocky coming back would at least deflect attention away from how bad Zinzan and Howsie are, I agree.
As long as we're both shy of your level of *****ness Furball, I think both Howsie and I will be just fine. You've consistently set a pretty high standard for a good few years now ;)

BTW, you were extremely lucky that wasn't 1-0 or even 2-0 to NZ that last series in England... we were all over you at Lords, but let it slip once from being in a winning position and then even failing to hold out the draw...

Howe_zat

Audio File
Why do people keep making this thread, it's just an open invitation for us to talk at cross purposes for a bit

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Overrated: Spin bowlers and how good batsman are at playing spin, especially in the subcontinent. It's not even real cricket.

Yes. If it's like no. 6 v opening, fair enough, but if you're saying that a guys average at no. 5 is twice as good at his average at no. 4 and therefore he's magically a much better batsman at no. 5 then you're an idiot.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
regarding spin I think over and underrated should be as follows

overrated: playing spin well
underrated: playing spin competently

Else batsmen end up looking like complete fools (Australia in SL Exhibit A)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Overrated : This site's NZ posters. Much like their cricket team, they used to be the likeable ones and hit their peak (atleast in numbers if not in quality) in 2014-15. Now they're the ****tiest group on here. Constantly getting into silly little fights, stinking up the politics thread, using ****** injokes which even half you nzers don't get, and generally being a testy and irritable bunch.

Now don't get me wrong, I still like all of you blokes individually, but as a group, the decline has been steep. Far less than the sum of the parts. Blocky may actually need to come back. Proved a brilliant common foe.
Yeah something definitely changed. Kiwi posters feuding was pretty much unheard of, but now there are bones of contention everywhere. I for one, blame Phlegm.

Brian Lara

School Boy/Girl Captain
I feel that many people on the forum overrate past players when compared to modern greats. Sports, not just cricket, are in a constant state of evolution. The average standard as a rule improves over time. Sure, there can be weak and strong eras but in general, the sport progresses for the better. I love to study the history of the game and appreciate greatness as much as anyone, so we should be sure not to miss those cementing their legacy at present.