• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tamil Nadu Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Aren't we halfway through the league already? Baba Aparajit has looked good n there s a left arm bowler who seems to be good at bowling Yorkers n slower balls, so naturally national media are now wondering if he s India's Mustafizur.. lol

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It's actually been underway since August Cribb.

Results | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

It should be coming to an end soon.

I caught a couple of live matches and highlight packages on Star Sports. Not much to comment of the quality of the cricket on display, but the quality of the broadcasting is superb. The stadiums seem filled. The ads on Star Sports are pretty high production value. They have local commentators who have some knowledge on the local players and speak decent english, and some foreign commentators I didn't recognise but who sound somewhat familiar too.

All in all its pretty decent entertainment; and I guess it holds a lot more value if you're a fan of South Indian cricket in general. No overseas players in action, as far as I can tell. A purely local league. Pretty cool.

I think it might expand in future if they allow Srini mama some slack at the BCCI. It will be good if some of the Ranji players can be snapped up, maybe have a cap of 4 "outstation" players, similar to the IPL. And the overseas commentators have been Scott Styris and a couple of other Aussies.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah you and HB are right actually; it was me who was mixing up the two rogue leagues. I thought the Srinivasan League was this thing but that's the Magpie League.

I should probably rename the thread to its actual name to make sure other idiots like me don't get confused. :p

Yeah the TNPL is the T20 side and the TNCA league has been going on for ages... That other league, God knows where it sprung from..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah the TNPL is the T20 side and the TNCA league has been going on for ages... That other league, God knows where it sprung from..
Yeah I knew that; I've even been following the results. I just thought Srinivasan was behind the other new league rather than this one for some reason, and given the title it threw me. The long discussion about Chennai should have tipped me off but I'm silly sometimes.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Real dick move by the BCCI to exclude Chennai from hosting proper games. I mean I get that the guy in charge of cricket there is dubious as ****, but why punish the fans? They've only got something like 4 non televised women T20s this season apparently?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've heard visiting teams aren't made to feel welcome there. Is this true?
Well there was that tour game where Nathan Astle had to get stitches because he was hit by a bottle thrown by one of the gang members. Long time ago now though, maybe they've tightened up the security.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well there was that tour game where Nathan Astle had to get stitches because he was hit by a bottle thrown by one of the gang members. Long time ago now though, maybe they've tightened up the security.
Yeah that was a really terrible incident. I mean, it's just ridiculous that there's anywhere in India, let alone the world, where that sort of thing can be allowed to happen.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
If I remember correctly, even the IPL thread did not have as many posts as this TNPL thread. Surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.