• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Howe_zat

Audio File
Mon Oct 3 (50 ovs)
TBC v England XI
Khan Shaheb Osman Ali Stadium, Fatullah

Fri Oct 7 (50 ovs) 13:00 local (07:00 GMT | 08:00 BST)
1st ODI - Bangladesh v England
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

Sun Oct 9 (50 ovs) 13:00 local (07:00 GMT | 08:00 BST)
2nd ODI - Bangladesh v England

Wed Oct 12 13:00 local (07:00 GMT | 08:00 BST)
3rd ODI - Bangladesh v England
Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong

Fri Oct 14 - Sat Oct 15 09:30 local (03:30 GMT | 04:30 BST)
TBC v England XI
MA Aziz Stadium, Chittagong

Sun Oct 16 - Mon Oct 17 09:30 local (03:30 GMT | 04:30 BST)
TBC v England XI
MA Aziz Stadium, Chittagong

Thu Oct 20 - Mon Oct 24 09:30 local (03:30 GMT | 04:30 BST)
1st Test - Bangladesh v England
Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong

Fri Oct 28 - Tue Nov 1 09:30 local (03:30 GMT | 04:30 BST)
2nd Test - Bangladesh v England

Howe_zat

Audio File
In seriousness I'd be very surprised if anyone missed the tour for security reasons if the team is being sent. Just don't think anyone will want to be that guy.

Fans will be a bit thin on the ground though.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In seriousness I'd be very surprised if anyone missed the tour for security reasons if the team is being sent. Just don't think anyone will want to be that guy.

Fans will be a bit thin on the ground though.
We've been in this situation before, and a lot of times pull-outs are because the players family don't want them to go. Don't rule out this happening again.

91Jmay

International Coach
Cook is going as well I think, pending his wife's pregnancy. Would imagine majority will end up going

91Jmay

International Coach
Sidenote but coming out of that presser with Mo I love that Bairstow has got the nickname Bluey the same as his Dad. I know a lot of gingers get that nickname but it makes me happy

91Jmay

International Coach
Stewart too, rhey said they were under pressure from their families not to go to India after 9/11 I seem to remember.
If my family had made such an idiotic comparison to me I'd have stopped talking to them for a week. **** me sideways, that's nearly as bad as "attacked by almost exclusively Saudi nationals" > "Invade Iraq"

grecian

If my family had made such an idiotic comparison to me I'd have stopped talking to them for a week. **** me sideways, that's nearly as bad as "attacked by almost exclusively Saudi nationals" > "Invade Iraq"
TBF I'm not defending or attacking the view just saying what I thought happened. Personally I feel that I would think I should go, if it was decided by the board and most of my team-mates they were going. Yet it's very easy to make these decisions hypothetically, and without putting into the reasoning the utter hysteria of the time.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, i'm not bashing people for not travelling. Just linking 9/11 and India has some very unpleasant racial undertones.

grecian

Yeah, i'm not bashing people for not travelling. Just linking 9/11 and India has some very unpleasant racial undertones.
It was bizarre, but it was signofthetimes. Which has led us down these roads.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I have a feeling James Vince will make himself available
This got me thinking about the protocol here. So the squads don't get announced until a week or something after we finish with this Pakistan tour.........and some players are coming out now and saying they will go. Are the players expected to do this before the squad announcement so the selectors know what players they can pick from. Or are the squads announced and then those players named say in or out??

Would be embarrassing for someone like James Vince to come out and say "Yep, I'm definitely in" and then be told sorry we don't need you mate. And conversely, if they name a squad and then 2 or 3 say they don't want to go do the selectors have to go back and announce another squad and keep doing this until they get the numbers they want that want to go??

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah, I think you're off base here. I don't think it was because it was India - but rather people were off flying high profile. The amount of bands who cancelled tours was ridiculous - trust me, I had tickets for a couple that let me down.

FBU

International Debutant
This got me thinking about the protocol here. So the squads don't get announced until a week or something after we finish with this Pakistan tour.........and some players are coming out now and saying they will go. Are the players expected to do this before the squad announcement so the selectors know what players they can pick from. Or are the squads announced and then those players named say in or out??

Would be embarrassing for someone like James Vince to come out and say "Yep, I'm definitely in" and then be told sorry we don't need you mate. And conversely, if they name a squad and then 2 or 3 say they don't want to go do the selectors have to go back and announce another squad and keep doing this until they get the numbers they want that want to go??
I would think that the squad will be selected and then players asked if they will tour and then the squad will be announced. They won't have long to think about it as the squads are announced next week. Broad, Anderson Cook and Balance play only Tests so it will be 2 weeks there while the rest of them will be there for a month. Think that Root, Ali, Stokes and Woakes will be rested from the Bangladesh ODIs so there will be some new faces.

91Jmay

International Coach
Nah, I think you're off base here. I don't think it was because it was India - but rather people were off flying high profile. The amount of bands who cancelled tours was ridiculous - trust me, I had tickets for a couple that let me down.
Andy Caddick flew to NZ a few months later to tour. Not buying that for a second.