• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

FBU

International Debutant
Root was going to be rested for the ODIs but now he will have to play as they will need his experience.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Root was going to be rested for the ODIs but now he will have to play as they will need his experience.
I don't agree with them not going through with their aim, if true, we have plenty of bats knocking at the door.

Howe_zat

Audio File
How about not childishly demonizing anyone over this, Strauss is disappointed, he wanted his best team, Hales and Morgan have done what they feel best for themselves and their loved ones. Other players have a chance to displace them if they perform iyt's just the way it is.

So tired of this attritional BS in every form of life now.
Yeah. Smacks of trying too hard to hold an opinion.

I do think the ECB shouldn't have made out that the opt out thing was more of an option than it usually is. If the security measures were fine with them then it should have been treated the same as any other tour.

cnerd123

likes this
I was advocating to elevate Mullah to top tier preferrably 3 all throught in many previous occasions but now progressively returning to thoughts of utilizing players in terms of team's best purpose because atm we lack a proper finisher. Mullah is the best finisher atm in the team imo. Shabbir's recent great LOI performance is another reason that I would like him to take this no3 position and work from there. I think this is the best time for him to take up this challenge in ODIs and maybe soon in tests too if mominul cant elevate himself further. This swap is entirely for team balance. After those back to back centuries in Australia playing at 3, Mullah failed to continue the momentum at that position. I think lot of us are not aware of Shabbir's ability yet but think sooner it will come into place. IMHO Shabbir is the best batsman in the team right now and possibly has higher ceiling than shakib, mushfiq or mullah.
I personally wouldn't try Shabbir at three in Tests, but agree with him batting there in LOI. No sure if he's the most talented youngster in the group tho.

Treating a tour of Bangladesh as a lions tour would be a pretty good way to lose the ODI series 3-0.
You were probably going to lose 3-0 anyways tbf

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bangers haven't lost a home ODI series since 2014, and thats included tours from India, South Africa and Pakistan.

Reckon a full strength England would probably struggle at not risking a 3-0 loss.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bangers haven't lost a home ODI series since 2014, and thats included tours from India, South Africa and Pakistan.

Reckon a full strength England would probably struggle at not risking a 3-0 loss.
No fizzy though. He's a massive loss.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hales is a loss for the ODI side not the test one. Morgan no real loss at all given how he hardly scores a run these days.

91Jmay

International Coach
Nah, he's been brave and shown leadership on this issue. Strauss' conduct on this issue has been disgraceful, Morgan has stood up to him and in doing so would have given any younger player who had doubts a bit more courage to refuse to tour.

The fact that it's the two players who have played in the Bangladesh Premier League who have refused to tour speaks volumes for me. That should set alarm bells ringing.
Risible nonsense. Those two have made their decision and that is fine, but to pretend Strauss has done anything wrong and that Morgan is somehow brave here is absolutely laughable. I'd guess Morgan fancies a holiday rather than playing Bangladesh, to be totally honest.

91Jmay

International Coach

We will beat Bangladesh. Surprised to see how overrated they still are.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
This is pretty much what every team has said before touring Bangladesh in the last two and a half years. Prepare to get Banglawashed.
Is that when some typhoon comes in and wipes most of the matches out due to rain and Bangladesh get some easy home draws?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Risible nonsense. Those two have made their decision and that is fine, but to pretend Strauss has done anything wrong and that Morgan is somehow brave here is absolutely laughable. I'd guess Morgan fancies a holiday rather than playing Bangladesh, to be totally honest.
I like how in your first sentence you accuse someone else of spouting risible nonsense, but then in your second you make an assertion that appears to be based on nothing but unfounded conjecture.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anyway, fully support Morgan and Hales in their decision making. The value of life is greater than the value of playing a game. If I was in their position and felt there was a risk to my person there'd be no chance I'd jeopardise myself for the sake of going and hitting a ball around a field.

91Jmay

International Coach
I like how in your first sentence you accuse someone else of spouting risible nonsense, but then in your second you make an assertion that appears to be based on nothing but unfounded conjecture.
Morgan has taken breaks during the season when there is no international cricket on before. Not a huge leap to suggest he'd do it when we tour Bangladesh.