• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cook
Duckett
Root
Ballance
Ali
Bairstow
Stokes
Woakes
Rashid
Broad
Anderson

Would very tempted to go Rayner or someone over Rashid but realistically that is not going to happen at this stage. Ali at 5 because I think he deserves another chance to justify his place in the team as a batsman rather than our lead spinner. They will probably pick this side with Hales instead of Duckett.

glosfan94

Cricket Spectator
Pretty sure England will go with:

Cook
Hales
Root
Ballance
Bairstow
Stokes
Ali
Woakes
Rashid
Broad
Anderson

Don't expect any wholesale changes, I'd be suprised to see a debutant in the first test.

Howe_zat

Audio File
If we pick Hameed I'd be interested to see

Cook
Hameed
Root
Hales
Ballance
Stokes/Woakes
Bairstow
Moeen
Rashid
Broad
Anderson

Hales was batting at four for Notts a few years ago iirc.

JRC67

U19 12th Man

Cook
Hameed
Root
Hales
Ballance
Stokes/Woakes
Bairstow
Moeen
Rashid
Broad
Anderson

Think it'll be one of Hales and Ballance. Stokes and Woakes will both play, in Stokes's case he is a better option for runs than Ballance or Hales. Woakes isn't really droppable after this summer. Ansari won't tour as he has had injury problems and not bowled enough this summer to go as a spinner and his batting has been pretty awful.

Pothas

Cook
Hameed
Root
Hales
Ballance
Stokes/Woakes
Bairstow
Moeen
Rashid
Broad
Anderson

Don't really see what Hales has shown to deserve a go at 4.

Duckett has to go now surely.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
The sun going with Morgan has decided not to go. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/cric...TER-_-SunSport-_-20160908-_-Sport-_-578008107

Actually think that might not be the worst thing for England going forward. Hopefully Billings gets some good game time and builds up his experience. Morgan and the allrounders had been blocking his route into the team for a while and with no Taylor now, England could really do with other options to cover injury and poor form. Bairstow is decent and doesn't let the team down, but Billings is the more adaptable middle order bat - and needs the experience. Hopeful that it will be Buttler captain but I'd guess it'll almost certainly be Root.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopeful that it will be Buttler captain but I'd guess it'll almost certainly be Root.
Really hope they don't give it to Root. Why burden our best bat with the job when he's only 25? I just get the feeling that it would weigh heavily on him and he needs to just concentrate on scoring runs.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
The sun going with Morgan has decided not to go. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/cric...TER-_-SunSport-_-20160908-_-Sport-_-578008107

Actually think that might not be the worst thing for England going forward. Hopefully Billings gets some good game time and builds up his experience. Morgan and the allrounders had been blocking his route into the team for a while and with no Taylor now, England could really do with other options to cover injury and poor form. Bairstow is decent and doesn't let the team down, but Billings is the more adaptable middle order bat - and needs the experience. Hopeful that it will be Buttler captain but I'd guess it'll almost certainly be Root.
This popped up only in sun and haven't read about the final decision anywhere else. But yeah he is very close to pulling out according to other articles.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Funny how his justification for pulling out is that he's been over in both India and Bangladesh when there's been trouble in the past.

How come those concerns didn't come into his thought process when he was offered some coin to play for T20 franchises?

91Jmay

International Coach
Morgan likes a good rest from cricket. Remember when he decided he needed like a month off during the season once? Reckon he is just using this as an excuse. Buyer beware for Morgan though. If we pick Billings, Buttler captains as a batsmen or Root captains and we do well he could be out. Especially as he is the worst batsmen in the team in basically every game (had a decent Pakistan series though).

Gnske

Tbf he probably has more loyalty to his franchises than England and it's understandable and I don't blame him. He's just a hired mercenary for England at the end of the day.

At least now they'll all be singing the anthem.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
For ODIs,

1. Tamim
2. Soumya
3. Shabbir
4. Mushfiq
5. Shakib
6. Mahmudullah
7. Nasir
8. Mashrafe
9. Mosharraf (sla)
10. Taskin (if cleared)
11. Rubel/Al Amin

Fizz missing out is a big blow. Included Nasir only because think his bowling will be useful against England and also strengthens lower order a bit.

Last edited: