• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Tom Flint

International Regular
My 1st choice team when all 'available' for selection
Roy
Hales
Root
Duckett
Buttler
Stokes
Ali
Woakes
Willey
Rashid
Wood

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I expect Eng to dominate this series. Different ODI line-up for them, arguably their best in 20 years.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I expect Eng to dominate this series. Different ODI line-up for them, arguably their best in 20 years.
Possibly our best, and it's a fun batting line-up, but our bowling is barely functional at times.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We don't yet know how they'll go in these sort of conditions, but their ODI side has made some big strides recently for sure.

vcs

You can be an excellent ODI side with a pretty mediocre attack.. as India were when they won the WC in 2011.

Howe_zat

Audio File
They've won what 3 out of 5 ODI series? It's not exactly legendary stuff. Happens post World Cup all the time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
in what way does saying they are the best in 20 years mean its legendary stuff? The ODI bar is low as **** for England, but this is a better team for a while. They shouldn't be losing to Bang.

Howe_zat

Audio File
in what way does saying they are the best in 20 years mean its legendary stuff? The ODI bar is low as **** for England, but this is a better team for a while. They shouldn't be losing to Bang.
What you're actually doing is under rating how England usually are then. In 2011-13 they won 4 series, lost two, drew one and made the CT final. They've never lost a series against Bangladesh.

All this team has done so far is par for the course, the difference being higher scoring matches.

Flem274*

123/5
jono trying to overstate this england team to set up a chance for him to abuse them if they lose imo

bangers have made a habit of beating fancy pants teams like SA at home in recent times. england are pretty good but it's a different game on rolled mud.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What you're actually doing is under rating how England usually are then. In 2011-13 they won 4 series, lost two, drew one and made the CT final. They've never lost a series against Bangladesh.
Maybe you're right, who'd they beat in that period?

Funny you mention 2011-13, since I was thinking the 2004-05 team may be the one that is better than the current one.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Maybe you're right, who'd they beat in that period?

Funny you mention 2011-13, since I was thinking the 2004-05 team may be the one that is better than the current one.
2011-13: Beat Sri Lanka, WI and India (home) and NZ and Pakistan away. Drew with SA (home). Lost away to India and home to NZ.

Now they've beaten Sri Lanka and NZ (home) and Pakistan (home and away). Lost away to SA and home to Australia.

There's really not a lot of difference. Every world cup cycle people notice that England generally win most of their ODI series that aren't against Australia and say they're better than they were at the world cup. You could probably do something similar in the 2 years following the 2007 world cup, I remember us beating SA 4-0 in 2008.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I was thinking the 2004-05 team may be the one that is better than the current one.
They'd be playing less than two years after a world cup failure in 2003 so must have been playing pretty well. #thewheelisforever

flibbertyjibber

No idea how we will do just glad some sort of cricket involving my lot is on. Pleased we have the appetiser before the main course this time, never see the point of ODI's after the tests.