• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Howe_zat

Audio File
Why are they talking about the improvements in this match by Bangladesh?

The facts were there from the washed out games with SA that were competing more with big boys just we had no full view of it as so much time was lost. Do these guys actually bother to check stuff?
I don't think either of those washout games had Bangladesh in with much of a chance tbh, and they never batted well in them. This 4th innings is beyond anything expected of them.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Okay that's five minutes of being happy, butif England don't surt our top-order we're toast for the rest of this Winter.

i know the narrative will be our spinners aren't good enough (which they kinda aren't), but FFS being 100-5 almost every match doesn't ****ing help anything.
Should drop Ballance and move Duckett to 4 and play Hameed. Should have done that in this game anyway.

Zinzan

Why are they talking about the improvements in this match by Bangladesh?

The facts were there from the washed out games with SA that were competing more with big boys just we had no full view of it as so much time was lost. Do these guys actually bother to check stuff?
Gotta start actually getting over the line though.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He's not that bad. Has hit a Test fifty and a matchwinning knock in the world cup against England. If he'd wanted to play an actual shot he could have.

The bat was nowhere close to the ball until after it'd hit his pad.
Either he tried to play the shot and wasn't quick enough or made a poor attempt to hit his pads. I'll go with the first option, thanks. It doesn't happen so slowly that he can think, oh look I have missed the ball, let me move my bat and make it look like a shot even when it isn't.

flibbertyjibber

I don't think either of those washout games had Bangladesh in with much of a chance tbh, and they never batted well in them. This 4th innings is beyond anything expected of them.
First one did. Bangladesh had a 78 run first innings lead and SA were 61-0 and last 2 days were washed out.

The fact they weren't getting pummelled for once was enough to know improvement was there.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who if anyone are Bangladesh scheduled to play at home in the next year? They have got to play regularly.

Our pace bowling has been really good in these sorts of conditions for a while now but obviously this one is so much about Stokes.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I tend to agree, but it really needs to be made a lot clearer in the laws.
Yes ultimately you can't class a token or non-obvious attempt at a shot as playing a shot, otherwise it will be exploited by batsmen. They'll play token shots behind their pad.

No idea what the technical details are as they stand.

Zinzan

, but FFS being 100-5 almost every match doesn't ****ing help anything.
Get used to it, hard to see that changing when England face Ashwon and the screamer on their wickets, unless Cook & Root score about 90% of their runs.

Burgey

He's not that bad. Has hit a Test fifty and a matchwinning knock in the world cup against England. If he'd wanted to play an actual shot he could have.

The bat was nowhere close to the ball until after it'd hit his pad.

It was his first rock wasn't it? You expecting him down on one knee and lacing it over cover for six? I thought it was a very harsh decision tbh, but as I said I think they'd have got rolled anyway.

Dharmasena wants putting out to permanent pasture. Had a horrible match and has never really looked up to first class, let alone international standard.

flibbertyjibber

Who if anyone are Bangladesh scheduled to play at home in the next year? They have got to play regularly.

Our pace bowling has been really good in these sorts of conditions for a while now but obviously this one is so much about Stokes.
Pakistan at home in July next year and Sri Lanka in Jan 18.

Away series in New Zealand, Australia and South Africa in that period too according to FTP.

Zinzan

Yeah, I tend to agree, but it really needs to be made a lot clearer in the laws.
Not really, it's been up to the interpretation of the umpire (or 3rd umps more recently) since the days of Grace.

flibbertyjibber

I haven't followed every home test of Bangladesh but they have been fine at home in last two years or so I think.
They have, but it was almost a surprise that they hadn't rolled over for a tummy tickle to them then the way they were talking. Like a side isn't allowed to improve.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
How late can you make the move to play a shot for it to be considered offering one?
There is no clear definition regarding it I would think. It has to be an attempt to play a shot and in that spirit it has to obviously not be an intentional dab with no intention to playing one. Carl Hooper kept offering his pad and put his bat out to some spinners in a test v India in the 90s. Ultimately the umpire gave him out as there was no intention to play a shot.