• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Been an outstanding test match and kudos to Bangladesh for their part in it.........I actually feel a bit bad for them but their time is coming and a test win against a top side is not far away I'm sure (probably next test tbh)

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, don't have a problem with that. Clearly an attempt by the batsman to hide his bat behind his pad while looking like playing a shot. Ump had none of it and rightly so.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Winners:

- Cricket
- England
- DRS advocates
- People who wanted ***** to cry

Losers:

- Banglas
- People who wanted Stokes to cry

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bangers did better than I thought to be fair. I didn't think they'd get 200 in the 4th innings.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, don't have a problem with that. Clearly an attempt by the batsman to hide his bat behind his pad while looking like playing a shot. Ump had none of it and rightly so.
Yeah, I tend to agree, but it really needs to be made a lot clearer in the laws.

Burgey

Well the ump didn't give it out, but it was crashing into leg-stump, so no problem, why DRS was invented.

oh and there was no way he played a shot.
Yes he did. Don't look at it in slow-mo.

It was a terrible attempt at a shot, but he was trying. Like Khawaja against spin trying - awful, but he had a go at it.

I don't think it matters tbh. If he was that bad he wasn't going to last long enough ftw anyway.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Well the ump didn't give it out, but it was crashing into leg-stump, so no problem, why DRS was invented.
Could DRS tell conclusively the ball would do that with the batsman so far ahead? I am not so sure.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Why are they talking about the improvements in this match by Bangladesh?

The facts were there from the washed out games with SA that were competing more with big boys just we had no full view of it as so much time was lost. Do these guys actually bother to check stuff?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yes he did. Don't look at it in slow-mo.

It was a terrible attempt at a shot, but he was trying. Like Khawaja against spin trying - awful, but he had a go at it.

I don't think it matters tbh. If he was that bad he wasn't going to last long enough ftw anyway.
He's not that bad. Has hit a Test fifty and a matchwinning knock in the world cup against England. If he'd wanted to play an actual shot he could have.

The bat was nowhere close to the ball until after it'd hit his pad.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Okay that's five minutes of being happy, but if England don't sort our top-order we're toast for the rest of this Winter.

i know the narrative will be our spinners aren't good enough (which they kinda aren't), but FFS being 100-5 almost every match doesn't ****ing help anything.