• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

an idea: a draft of non-cricketers

Howe_zat

Audio File
Nice pick buy still 3 hours to go before u can pick I think
Ahhh **** this ****. That's what's wrong with these idiotic ****ing drafts. Why doesn't everyone just pick a ****ing eleven at once and post the **** like a normal person would? **** you all. Nice try from the OP to make this ********* format of thread actually interesting, but not even such a wonderful idea could do it. Yep, drafts kill everything. Even decent ideas like this. If drafts were around in the early 1900s, Henry Ford would never have got the Model T built, because some **** would have had to wait an extra 30 minutes until they could add a component. Out.

Camo999

State 12th Man
Rd 1

Red Hill – Will & Grace
Zinzan – Inspector Gadget
Camo999 – Tonya Harding
Stephen - Sir Isaac Newton
Shady Slim - Batman
RTB - Kim Jong Il
OS – Usain Bolt
TBP - Spiderman
Victor Ian - Jesus
Morgieb - Kim Il-sung
mr_mister – The Undertaker
Burgey – Bob Hawke
Fredfertang - Yoda

Geez, an interesting list of selections. We're up to Rd 2 - reverse order - so Fred -> Burgey -> mr_mister (I think).

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think captaincy is going to be important here, and the successful skipper is going to have to be ruthless

Genghis Khan

I wonder whether that other Khan is related to him?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Red Hill XI

1. W& Grace

Red

Ahhh **** this ****. That's what's wrong with these idiotic ****ing drafts. Why doesn't everyone just pick a ****ing eleven at once and post the **** like a normal person would? **** you all. Nice try from the OP to make this ********* format of thread actually interesting, but not even such a wonderful idea could do it. Yep, drafts kill everything. Even decent ideas like this. If drafts were around in the early 1900s, Henry Ford would never have got the Model T built, because some **** would have had to wait an extra 30 minutes until they could add a component. Out.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Paul Keating - was a devastating combination with Hawky in the 80s and no one else on the team would need to say a word, so good would be his sledging from first slip.

1. Bob Hawke
2. Paul Keating

Burgey

I don't think PJK ever actually held a cricket bat, but it would be good for a giggle.

Red

"Now listen mate," [to John Browne, Minister of Sport, who was proposing a 110 per cent tax deduction for contributions to a Sports Foundation] "you're not getting 110 per cent. You can forget it. This is a ****ing Boulevard Hotel special, this is. The trouble is we are dealing with a sports junkie here [gesturing towards Bob Hawke]. I go out for a piss and they pull this one on me. Well that's the last time I leave you two alone. From now on, I'm sticking to you two like **** to a blanket. "
Imagine him and Chappeli meeting with Bradman and the ACB in the 70s.

Burgey

Opposing captain: "Why won't you declre now?"

Keating: "Because mate, I wanna do you slowly".

Shady Slim

International Coach
ftr love the good spirits guys, i guess since it's a more casual draft there's no need to get as antsy when it comes to picks but still picking on time is the top bloke thing to do

keep up the fun pics, great drafting so far

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Former Kid Rock hype man/sidekick Joe C to take the keeping gloves

Last edited:

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
This is some bloody good fun. I'm excited to see what direction everybody goes in, Jesus was picked lol seriously. Everyone's picking awesome

Victor Ian

International Coach
Morgrieb still to vote - but f that - i have to sleep.

Bhudda : In the mold of David Boon, fields Silly Leg. Opening bat who can move to number 3 (when Jesus is unavailable due to crucifixion). Downs amber with ease. A penchant for throw away one liners with unerring timing makes batsman lose concentration pondering existence rather than the ball. Old school, eightfold path off spin, poses many questions of batsmen that most can not answer. Favourite sledge - If you hit a six yet no one sees it, are you still pathetic?

Last edited:

morgieb

If I went for the guy who started the Cult of Personality in North Korea, why not the man that started in the Communist world itself?

The guy that makes Kim Il Sung look like Ian Sailsbury. Like those wicket-keepers you got in the original ICC who would never get out, he would be the main imposing figure in my batting lineup.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Kurt Fearnley
Kurt has been a 3 time gold medalist paralympian in the wheelchair marathon, crawled the Kokoda trail, the Great Wall of China. He's a a husband, father and all round top guy. I'm pretty sure if you said he can't play cricket, he'd do it just to prove you wrong. And he's friends with Glenn McGrath, so net practice is sorted.

From KurtFearnley.com
Raised in the small country town of Carcoar, Kurt Fearnley has always been determined. Being born without the lower portion of his spine has never held him back, from backyard games of football to crawling along the Great Wall of China, he always has a go.

Last edited: