• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

an idea: a draft of non-cricketers

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vote for bonus rounds to add 2 commentators, 2 umpires & 1 coach once the XIs are done. Or perhaps one of each....

Burgey

Personally I think it's really rude if people wait a long time and don't take their draft picks as expeditiously as possible.

Burgey

Bob Hawke. Uni Blue at Oxford, where he set the world record for the fastest drinking of a pint of beer. Became head of the ACTU then PM of Australia. Could drink and was a decent player.

Burgey

Nice pick buy still 3 hours to go before u can pick I think
Ahhh **** this ****. That's what's wrong with these idiotic ****ing drafts. Why doesn't everyone just pick a ****ing eleven at once and post the **** like a normal person would? **** you all. Nice try from the OP to make this ********* format of thread actually interesting, but not even such a wonderful idea could do it. Yep, drafts kill everything. Even decent ideas like this. If drafts were around in the early 1900s, Henry Ford would never have got the Model T built, because some **** would have had to wait an extra 30 minutes until they could add a component. Out.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm guessing it's my turn, but if I'm wrong my learned friend Mr Burge will doubtless correct me

I'm going to pick my batting coach first, Yoda

_Ed_

Ahhh **** this ****. That's what's wrong with these idiotic ****ing drafts. Why doesn't everyone just pick a ****ing eleven at once and post the **** like a normal person would? **** you all. Nice try from the OP to make this ********* format of thread actually interesting, but not even such a wonderful idea could do it. Yep, drafts kill everything. Even decent ideas like this. If drafts were around in the early 1900s, Henry Ford would never have got the Model T built, because some **** would have had to wait an extra 30 minutes until they could add a component. Out.
This is a pretty outstanding rant. Well played.

morgieb

OK.

You wanted to pick Kim Jong Il? Well why not the man who started it all?

Capable of bowling at 200kmph and is able to swing the ball over 5m. Batting makes Don Bradman look like Chris Martin. Can field anywhere and he'll still run you out with his demon arm. The whole package.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll change my pick to the Undertaker who can open the bowling won't generate too much pace these days but can trouble the batsman with steep bounce

Victor Ian

International Coach
not sure if my pick has come - but i'll start with most important position

Jesus - #3 bat, opening bowler, all rounder with divine intercession

Last edited: