• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team currently has the best fast bowling attack?

Which team currently has the best fast bowling attack?

• Total voters

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah this...saying nothing of the fact England pacers couldn't get their side home against Pakistan in their own conditions, whereas I'll be extremely surprised if Australian pacers aren't a huge factor in ensuring a series win vs. Pakistan at home in the upcoming series. Time will tell...
Nothing to do with the bowlers whatsoever.

FBU

International Debutant
Wickets per game last 2 years

Wagner 4.87
Starc 4.62
Woakes 4.50
Prasad 4.20
Anderson 4.15
Broad 3.91
Hazelwood 3.85
Boult 3.72
Shami 3.71
Steyn 3.66
Rabada 3.62
Morkel 3.16
Southee 3.00
Sharma 2.21
Philander 1.87

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wickets per game last 2 years

Wagner 4.87
Starc 4.62
Woakes 4.50
Prasad 4.20
Anderson 4.15
Broad 3.91
Hazelwood 3.85
Boult 3.72
Shami 3.71
Steyn 3.66
Rabada 3.62
Morkel 3.16
Southee 3.00
Sharma 2.21
Philander 1.87
Per over is a better indicator. Could get skewed by washed out games.

the big bambino

International Captain
1. SA bcos of Steyn and the emergence of Rabada means they have the luxury of Morkel to keep competition for places keen.
2. Eng over Australia bcos their bowlers are fitter and therefore on the park for more games fulfilling their potential.
3. Australia - have more potential than England (and probably as much as the saffers) but fall in the ratings for the reason mentioned above.
4. Pakistan have good variety and Amir improving after his suspension. I'm also turning this into best attack ratings (no real reason to leave spinners out when rating an attack) and mention Yasir whom on his own makes this team dangerous most anywhere.
5. NZ. WAGner. What a surprise. A bit samey despite having the left armers in the side. Would kill for a spinner.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Steyn would be far higher if not for all those washouts and injuries.

Pretty amazing from Wagner, though. Almost 5 wickets s match is gun.

flibbertyjibber

SA if they stayed fit have the best. Nobody comes near Steyn and even if they went with Philander, Morkel and Rabada they would have a case to be mentioned as the best. The question is how would they cope with more than a 2 match series without breaking down.

the big bambino

International Captain
Re fj's post. That implies Rabada has fitness problems. Not saying that's what you mean but it could be taken that way. So I'm just asking does anyone have an idea of Rabada's fitness? He seems just fine but does he have problems his youth, strength and freshness might be masking?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
1. SA bcos of Steyn and the emergence of Rabada means they have the luxury of Morkel to keep competition for places keen.
2. Eng over Australia bcos their bowlers are fitter and therefore on the park for more games fulfilling their potential.
3. Australia - have more potential than England (and probably as much as the saffers) but fall in the ratings for the reason mentioned above.
4. Pakistan have good variety and Amir improving after his suspension. I'm also turning this into best attack ratings (no real reason to leave spinners out when rating an attack) and mention Yasir whom on his own makes this team dangerous most anywhere.
5. NZ. WAGner. What a surprise. A bit samey despite having the left armers in the side. Would kill for a spinner.
While there may be no reason to leave spinners out when rating an attack, there's a plenty good reason to leave them out when rating a fast bowling attack.

the big bambino

International Captain
While there may be no reason to leave spinners out when rating an attack, there's a plenty good reason to leave them out when rating a fast bowling attack.
Pretty sure I said I was turning this (my post) into rating the best attack. Sorry for taking just the tiniest diversion from the topic. Will make better effort to stay on message in future and with your guidance expect to succeed.

Gob

International Coach
SA the best but Eng not that far behind. Waiting for the day Estraya field Starc, Pattinson and Hazlewood which is crazy

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Waiting for the day Australia field Starc, Pattinson and Hazlewood which is crazy
Not least because it's possible we could end up with a one-man pace attack if things go wrong. But that would be a great attack, especially at home.

cnerd123

likes this
SA clearly win this for me IMO:

1) Steyn - Philander - Rabada/Morkel
2) Anderson - Broad - Woakes/Finn - Stokes
3) Starc - Hazelwood - Pattinson/Cummins - Faulkner/MMarsh/Henriques
4) Southee - Boult - WAGner - Bracewell/Neesham/CoriAnderson
5) Amir - Wahab - Sohail/Rahat/whoever

Daemon

South Africa
Australia

England/NZ (England's lack of a good 3rd seamer and Broad's meh form means NZ might be ahead)

India

Pakistan
Windies
SL
Ban
Zim