• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2016

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know how things get done in India, but you don't negotiate with Courts here. You do as you're told.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
For like, at least 5-7 years, everyone on this forum has spoken about how douchey, immoral and corrupt BCCI is. Those ****s trying to turn public opinion against the courts and in their favour isn't that hard to believe, surely?

Burgey

Indeed.

What's the story with the Indian Justice system? Do they elect judges over there in the same way they do in the US, or are they guaranteed appointees for life/ a set age like decent countries do it?

Burgey

For like, at least 5-7 years, everyone on this forum has spoken about how douchey, immoral and corrupt BCCI is. Those ****s trying to turn public opinion against the courts and in their favour isn't that hard to believe, surely?
Maaaaate, come on. I know you listen to Ray Hadley and Alan Jones of a morning because they're the shock jocks of choice for wannabe hipsters such as yourself, and you know they rant and rave against judges every day of the week. And the judges laugh at them because they don't give a **** what the media or public think when it comes to handing down decisions, and nor should they.

Is it like that in India, or are judges elected like in parts of the US?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't get your argument ? Just because the judges wouldn't care or be intimidated doesn't mean BCCI wouldn't try the move. Its like you're arguing that its a dumb move, when no one is suggesting otherwise. Just that the BCCI are awful enough to pull that lever.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is it like that in India, or are judges elected like in parts of the US?
To my knowledge, Supreme Court judges are appointed by the President on recommendation of respected judiciary members. But I'm not an expert at Indian jurisprudence.

It isn't the same as the US where it goes through the Senate.

Burgey

It's not an argument, it's a question as to whether judges have security of tenure in India or whether they are elected and therefore this sort of thing could have an impact on them. No doubt it's a low act either way, but only in one of those scenarios might it actually have a realistic effect.

Burgey

To my knowledge, Supreme Court judges are appointed by the President on recommendation of respected judiciary members. But I'm not an expert at Indian jurisprudence.

It isn't the same as the US where it goes through the Senate.
This is better.

indiaholic

International Captain
The Indian courts have in the recent past been notorious for judicial over reach. They do try and make laws which you would ideally want the legislature to be doing. So they aren't really saints here but an attempt at bargaining with the courts would be truly bizzare.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Don't worry.. they are very much sold out to de current BCCI regime. Expect Monga or Ugra to whip out a **** article on why BCCI admins need to hold on to their positions forever for the good of the "game"...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
if Cricinfo had sold out to the BCCI and were doing them favours, I think they would actually have an article on it. The BCCI would want people to know that they are being "forced" to cancel the series I'd have thought?