• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2016

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No detracting from your overall point; but using their performances against this particularly batting lineup as evidence of this trend is pretty weak.
I'll reserve judgement until I see how they do against strong attacks in more foreign conditions. ie. Tours to Aust, SA, Eng & NZ.

I can see Saha in particular struggling away based on what i've seen of his technique, but I could be wrong.

Zinzan

Blessing in disguise for India they got bowled out, especially with weather about. If they don't think they can easily defend 375 against our line up with Ashwin and the screamer , they should give up cricket.

cnerd123

likes this
I'll reserve judgement until I see how they do against strong attacks in more foreign conditions. ie. Tours to Aust, SA, Eng & NZ.

I can see Saha in particular struggling away based on what i've seen of his technique, but I could be wrong.
How is that relevant? You're evaluating your attack based on how they bowl to these guys in their own home conditions. These guys have a **** ton of runs and experience batting in these conditions. They are good batsmen in these conditions. Struggling to bowl them out in these conditions is not a sign of your attack being unable to bowl out tails in Aus, SA, Eng or NZ.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Smooth skinned clan of Kohli and Rohit (potentially) winning India this match on a tough pitch. Couldn't ask for much more. <3

Zinzan

How is that relevant? You're evaluating your attack based on how they bowl to these guys in their own home conditions. These guys have a **** ton of runs and experience batting in these conditions. They are good batsmen in these conditions. Struggling to bowl them out in these conditions is not a sign of your attack being unable to bowl out tails in Aus, SA, Eng or NZ.
Huh, I was talking about India's tail in general, I already mentioned in the previous post that NZ have struggled to dismiss tails for years now (home and away), why would I mention them again? Point I was making is against a good attack in foreign conditions I don't see this lower/order tail being that strong at all, but will watch with interest.

Zinzan

They really should just tell Guptill to think of it as a T20 game and swing hard. No point poking and prodding for him.

Burgey

Ashwin Jadeja Bhuvi Shami vs Ali Woakes Broad Anderson. Who wins in batting? (Not including Stokes as he is actually a top order bat)
Hang on, I thought Ashwin was the GOAT all rounder. How does he get in the discussion about tails when Stokes doesn't?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's been a low-scoring 2016 for Latham, however Australia's new ball attack, South Africa in South Africa and then India in India with the spinners on early are three of the most difficult challenges you could imagine for a young batsman.

He's usually so well organised that I don't doubt he'll improve and do better next time he comes up against such challenges.
No, it is genuinely concerning.

His balance issues in terms of falling over at the crease (particularly mid-innings) haven't improved, and may well have become worse. He hasn't added any more strike-rotation shots. He's still getting out to that drive outside off stump.

I know I know, all batsmen get out. It's the lack of improvement that's galling. I don't know whether it's his work ethic or what it is.

OverratedSanity

Huh, I was talking about India's tail in general, I already mentioned in the previous post that NZ have struggled to dismiss tails for years now (home and away), why would I mention them again? Point I was making is against a good attack in foreign conditions I don't see this lower/order tail being that strong at all, but will watch with interest.
This same tail scored plenty in England, well in the first two tests atleast.

Zinzan

Stokes is a batsman who's handy with the ball, as opposed to a genuine all-rounder to be fair. Woakes, now, he's a proper allrounder who's likely to compete with Ashwin in the next 5 years or so.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Kinda bummed I can't tune in to watch Gup's last test innings. It's the kinda thing you really want to settle in, open a bottle of wine, grab the hand sanitiser and tissues, and really just make an afternoon of, y'know?

cnerd123

likes this
> You saw India's lower order score runs and bat long

> You used that as evidence of a trend of NZ being unable to dismiss tailenders

> I point out to you that India's lower order is actually very good at batting, therefore using this match(or this series) as an example of NZ being unable to bowl out tails is wrong.

> You said you won't believe that India's lower order is actually very good at batting till they score runs overseas

> I said that how they bat overseas is irrelevant since they are batting in conditions where they have 18 FC hundreds and a ton of runs. IE my point of them being very good at batting is valid, since they are batting in conditions where they are proven to be very good at batting, and therefore my point that you can't use this match as an example of NZ being unable to bowl out tails is also still valid.

It really doesn't matter whether or not Saha Jaddu and Bhuvi score runs anywhere else. What matters is that in the conditions they are playing in right now, they are very adept batsmen, and cannot be considered 'tailenders'. Heck they're probably better than guys like Guptil and Nicholls. Just because they bat low in the order doesn't mean you should expect the NZ bowlers to bowl them out cheaply. Just because the NZ bowlers can't bowl them out cheaply, doesn't mean they suck at bowling to tailenders. They've bowled to 2 proper tailenders this whole series - Yadav and Shami. And heck, even Yadav has an FC hundred in these conditions.

Zinzan

Kinda bummed I can't tune in to watch Gup's last test innings. It's the kinda thing you really want to settle in, open a bottle of wine, grab the hand sanitiser and tissues, and really just make an afternoon of, y'know?
It won't be his last innings and you know it. :p