• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2016

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Well, um, there's this bloke called Kane Williamson who would normally be batting at number 3. Not sure if you've heard of him but he's quite good.

As for Nuptill, he obviously needs to be replaced. But if you think Ryder is next in line to replace him then you're very much mistaken.
KW obviously comes into the side, but it's still saddening to know we're one injury away from having Nicols in the top 6.

cnerd123

likes this
Well, um, there's this bloke called Kane Williamson who would normally be batting at number 3. Not sure if you've heard of him but he's quite good.

As for Nuptill, he obviously needs to be replaced. But if you think Ryder is next in line to replace him then you're very much mistaken.
tbf to Ryder, the pitches Essex plays on are hyper seamer friendly, and the ball swings loads. He's been very effective with the ball there, and has played some good knocks in the limited over stuff and back in NZ domestic.

It's probably fair to say that Ryder cbf and doesn't want to come back, but I think if he did he deserves a chance.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bhuvi was injured and pretty underwhelming for a while. Made his comeback on a flat deck in Australia iirc where he looked poo. Not getting picked after the Windies 5-fer was lame though.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
This test series wan't necessary. New Zealand stood no chance. Just a waste. Don't get me wrong, but ODIs should be a different ball game, and New Zealand has a good chance on winning it.

indiaholic

International Captain
Bhuvi was injured and pretty underwhelming for a while. Made his comeback on a flat deck in Australia iirc where he looked poo. Not getting picked after the Windies 5-fer was lame though.
I think, he will always be terrible in Australia.

OverratedSanity

I think, he will always be terrible in Australia.
I don't think is bowling style is necessarily suited to Australia, but I don't think he'll be terrible if he's fit. Last time, he had no business being on the pitch... it was painfully obvious he was injured, was bowling 110 kph. He may not get wickets, but he won't be demolished as bad as Yadav/Aaron imo.

Daemon

Just finished the 3 hour marathon that was the msd movie. 7/10 first half 2/10 in the second with typical bollywood romance and all that drama. If they were going to be so inaccurate and dramatize it so much then at least make it inspirational like Iqbal. 3 hours that I'll never get back smh.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Followed Athlai advice and went for the second half of first two days. Enjoyed it thoroughly even though the second day saw me watch just an over of cricket.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
tbf to Ryder, the pitches Essex plays on are hyper seamer friendly, and the ball swings loads. He's been very effective with the ball there, and has played some good knocks in the limited over stuff and back in NZ domestic.

It's probably fair to say that Ryder cbf and doesn't want to come back, but I think if he did he deserves a chance.
Again, not so much this season:, he only managed to take one wicket, which in addition to stinking up the joint with the bat, is probably why he only managed to play 7 games.

Flem274*

123/5
Well that wasn't the best score to come home to.

When I read back through the thread is it just going to be CM Flunk, Jonsooks and Inferioritycomplexgetic posting?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm sure Nicholls if he's persisted with, will flower into one of New Zealand's greatest shunts and wastes of time.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Well that all went horribly wrong, from the inability to mop up the last few wickets (even if they're decent batsmen) to the awful batting. Horrid prods from Taylor and Nicholls. I thought the stage was set for a dashing Taylor hundred once I saw he was past 30 too. Guptill unlucky in truth, though my sympathy with his batting is long past exhausted. Ronchi out to another Jadeja lbw that was missing by a mile, though it sounds like he survived a closer one earlier and we're doing the pre-DRS umpiring-by-numbers thing this series.

Like a few here I thought the pitch might flatten out a lot on day 2 or 3, but instead the bounce was still (more?) inconsistent. Kumar bowling accurately with a little seam movement and taking advantage of the ball skidding through is perfect for this pitch. This reduces my hopes for Watling to hang around and Jeets to swing a few runs.

Need something extremely good from one of the NZ players to make this into a contest - somehow add another 150 runs here, or bowl India out for 100 next innings. Just your regular NZ cricket supporter fantasy then.

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
Just finished the 3 hour marathon that was the msd movie. 7/10 first half 2/10 in the second with typical bollywood romance and all that drama. If they were going to be so inaccurate and dramatize it so much then at least make it inspirational like Iqbal. 3 hours that I'll never get back smh.
i think the movie would be better if dhoni was played by brett lee

Howsie

International Captain
tbh

obviously he didn't get a score last night but Nicholls is worth persisting with at #5
He's a marginal talent with a horrible technique, as of right now I highly doubt he's going to amount to much. Personally I think New Zealand are wasting their time with him but it's not like we have a ton of options knocking on the door.