• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2016

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every time India get a decision go against them it's a good thing for cricket. Maybe it will actually get them to stop being so stupid about DRS.

vandem

International 12th Man
I thought that was dead live.
Angles.

Front pad coming down leg / middle &leg (you can see off and middle on the TV).

If Jadeja pitches on off then hits the pad the ball will normally be sliding down. Didn't stop umps calling a few out last week though ... and one for Santner this morning ....

Perhaps umps are sometimes deceived by the skidding bounce, means they only have to make 1 decision. For a taller SLA they have to decide on height and line, perhaps sometimes two half-doubts lets them decide not out. For a skidding SLA perhaps it's easier for them to think "that one is clipping leg".

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Angles.

If Jadeja pitches on off then hits the pad the ball will be sliding down. Didn't stop umps calling a few out last week though ... and one for Santner this morning ....

Perhaps umps are sometimes deceived by the skidding bounce, means they only have to make 1 decision. For a taller SLA they have to decide on height and line, perhaps sometimes two half-doubts lets them decide not out. For a skidding SLA perhaps it's easier for them to think "that one is clipping leg".
Yeah I think it was clipping at best after seeing the replay. I thought was further across live though; seriously surprised to see it not out at the time.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Angles.

If Jadeja pitches on off then hits the pad the ball will normally be sliding down. Didn't stop umps calling a few out last week though ... and one for Santner this morning ....

Well Santner's 2nd one, that got the wicket, was dubious as to whether it was out and the umpire was making up for the previous ball's howler. Imagine if Jadeja was as good as Santner to beat the batsmen twice in a row with similar deliveries he might've gotten a wicket next ball as an apology :sleep:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Love how Ronchi's expression is quintessentially that of the person who's farted in a crowded elevator and is hoping no one realises it's them.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see Ross's back leg isn't donkey kicking out this innings from what I've seen thus far

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah the more I look at it the more I think it was just clipping. I've got no issue with those being give out at all but I don't think it would have been overturned, even taking into account the ICC revelation that stumps aren't one dimensional objects.
Opposite to you, I thought it was too legside live, but hitting a decent chunk of leg on that replay.

Days of Grace

International Captain
And now the ****ing covers come on. LMFAO.

It's one of those tours, isn't it. Injuries to key players, lose every single toss, lose a great deal of 50/50 calls, etc.