• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2016

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Also is cricinfo right that there is no warmup match for this series?

So first test is the warmup then.

cnerd123

likes this
Would be fun if we played

Rahul
Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Rohit/Dhawan
Saha
Ashwin
Bhuv
Mishra
Jadeja

Just for the lulz of batting till 11 and as a big **** you to Jadeja's test batting thus far

Tail would include Test match hundreds by Ashwin, 50s in England by Bhuvi, FC triple hundreds by Jadeja and an FC double by Mishra.
I think they will go:

Rahul Jnr
Vijay
Che
Kohli
Rahane
Ashwin
Saha
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Mishra
Ishant

5 bowlers 3 spinners and enough batting depth

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Also is cricinfo right that there is no warmup match for this series?

So first test is the warmup then.
There is a game ftr. They're playing Mumbai at the Kotla from the 16th-18th.

After returning from the U.K., Neesham's bowling in some winter training squad sessions at Lincoln was "back to its best", apparently. Larsen is talking up third seamer duties for him, with the Fairfax writer then trying to paint that as mounting pressure on Southee's place.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Right, I saw that in one of the articles just after I posted. Tbf he did explicitly say that they were thinking of playing two seamers, two spinners and a seam-bowling all-rounder, which surely does translate to Southee or Boult missing out.

Flem274*

123/5
wagner will miss out. it's always wagner who misses out, only to get the SOS in the 3rd test after NZs spinners get smashed and to the shock of the selectors will bowl well.

Dead Meat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Wow wasn't expecting that - seem's like a not Jeets zone (*They know better, they know better*). Hesson's loyalty is getting more tiresome than being subjected to Dave Dobbon's 'loyal' in El Horno at 2am ...

Agree with the comments re Ronchi - it's hard to see what long-term benefit there is carrying him in the squad while someone like Will Young is presumably in indoor nets in Palmy/some obscure English league.
At least (or at least not to my knowledge) Gav didn't predict Jimmy's subsequent injury after the first test like he did before the Aussie tour. Perhaps that good series he had in the WI against spin counted in his favour?

SURELY there is no way that Wags can miss out.. On the 'all-rounder' front there's a legitimate argument - to pick Craig at 7 on the basis of his batting and the "potential" for his bowling - guy is averaging in the 40s (in both disciplines lol) I recall Hesson stated this as justification in the more desperate stages of the tour of Australia :laugh:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
wagner will miss out. it's always wagner who misses out, only to get the SOS in the 3rd test after NZs spinners get smashed and to the shock of the selectors will bowl well.
Not this time, I'm positive they'll go in with the 3 seamers and 2 spinners (including Santner). Well they better **** do.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Zinzan

Oh wow, I'd missed that they were thinking of the two seamers and pace bowling allrounder.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't really get this squad tbh. Not gonna beat India with Santner, Sodhi, Craig, and Neesham. #Intent though.

Wait, so their batting cover are Neesham and Ronchi? ITSTL.

Howsie

International Captain
Hesson practically said a few months ago Neesham wouldn't get back near the test side unless his bowling improved from what it was leading up to that Austtalian tour. I have no doubt he'll play come the first test and bat six.

Neesham
Watling
Santner
Sodhi
Southee
Boult

You can lock that in IMO, especially after what Larsen said yesterday.

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's weird they're trying to get more spinners in the team when their two best spinners bat in the top three

_Ed_

Neesham said on radio this morning that he might take the new ball...