• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2016

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Once Jeets is done winning us this series, it'll be fascinating to see how the selectors react this coming summer. Do they continue to select him given his obvious superiority? Or do the duel-factors of a) his unavailability during the county season; and b) his general direness in NZ contribute to this being a Vettori-style one-off?
Only time will tell obv, though Santner's appearance probably doesn't help his chances of playing in NZ.

I am very much looking forward to seeing how he bowls in the next two tests.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hope this stupid resistance is ended soon and they finish it quickly. Don't need these two to get bowled into the ground first test of the series.

vcs

Yeah.. its premature to start judging him amongst ATGs. I wont even put him ahead of Harbhajan in the AT list yet. He definitely needs to improve in the seamer friendly pitches but the way he bowls, with the sort of grip and spin he imparts, I dont think he wil ever be very successful or threatening there. The best he can hope for is that the seamers improve and pick up early wickets and then he can come in, keep it tight and hopefully nip a couple out for a nice 2/38 kinda figures while the seamers bowl out the opposition. Its pretty much the only way he can at least improve those figures.
Really good point. Even Kumble's success in 2003-04 in Australia came partly due to big scoreboard pressure by our batsmen. Spinners need a few things going their way to put up nice numbers.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That's the hundred (balls) each. Now triple it guys.

The hitting is fun but surviving the session would be funner.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Fingers look fine:

[
Stolen.

Ronchi playing himself into the team for the rest of the tour. I don't hate it as much as I thought I would, maybe it's the Baz sized hole we had. Not the worst knock off while the likes of Anderson, Neesham and Bracewell develop into genuine bats.

I'd go

Latham
Guptill (last chance :( )
Williamson
Taylor
Ronchi
Santner
Watling
Patel
Sodhi
Wagner
Boult

Swap Sodhi for Southee and I'd take that home too. :)

Daemon

Credit to the NZ selectors for picking the dude. Australia must be so mad they missed out on someone who can score double figures in the SC.