• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies vs Pakistan in UAE 2016

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Fixtures

September 20: T20 tour match v ECB XI, ICC Academy

September 23: 1st T20I, Dubai
September 24: 2nd T20I, Dubai
September 27: 3rd T20I, Abu Dhabi
September 30: 1st ODI, Sharjah

October 2: 2nd ODI, Sharjah
October 3-4: Two-day tour match v ECB XI, ICC Academy
October 5: 3rd ODI, Abu Dhabi

October 7-9: Three-day tour match v PCB Patrons XI (D/N), Sharjah

October 13-17: 1st Test, Dubai (D/N)
October 21-25: 2nd Test, Abu Dhabi
October 30-November 3: 3rd Test, Sharjah

Too early for squad news.

Excited about the 1st day night test match in UAE although this wrecks the timing even more for me. But glad Pakistan are playing a D/N test before the Brisbane one later in the year.

Slifer

International Captain
3 nil to pakistan in tests, 2 to 1 either way in 20/20 and pakistan 4 to 1 odis. Anything less by pakistan, provided weather doesn't interfere, should be considered a failure

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
3 nil to pakistan in tests, 2 to 1 either way in 20/20 and pakistan 4 to 1 odis. Anything less by pakistan, provided weather doesn't interfere, should be considered a failure
WI T20 team is to Pakistan T20 team what Pakistan test team is to WI test team.

As far as ODIs are concerned, West Indies are considerably ahead. The only teams Pakistan can beat in LO series these days is Zimbabwe..and maybe Sri Lanka if they get lucky.

Last edited:

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
There goes any hope Pak might have had for the series Down Under.

There's about a 2 week gap between the last day of this series and the first Test against NZ. Pak's recent success against England had a lot to do with spending about a month in advance in the country before the Lords Test.

No such time available now. Unless the Emirtates can prepare pitches with Aussie bounce for the WI series.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This might end up being the worst series of all time not including India.

Nauq

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Pakistan might end up winning the Test series and West Indies will win the T20 If the pitches are flat and I think Pakistan will win the ODI series.

Shady Slim

International Coach
could talk about the benefits of LOIs before they do the tests all day - other boards have to take note

listento_me

U19 Captain
Interesting tour ,ending in tests not ODIs.

Pakistan should really win the test series, they've given the Windies easy comebacks in the past. I'm interested in seeing how they go with the test squad because 4 full time bowlers was ridiculous.

In terms of ODIs, they just HAVE to win. SHould be fun all the way.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tests first because you prepare for them with camps and shiz from way back before you leave for the country. To suddenly have a bunch of ODIs when you land isn't ideal.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good chance for Pakistan players to really beef up their individual Test stats.

Howe_zat

Audio File
They're starting with the T20s and Pakistan are a pretty average limited overs side, even at 'home'. So that bit should be competitive.

But yeah, the tests won't be.

listento_me

U19 Captain
shouldn't this be stickied?

Also, very good bowling from Pakistan tonight. The batting wasn't ever tested but I'm sure the Windies will come back. They are formidable.