• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies vs Pakistan in UAE 2016

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, he's done so well for someone who looks innocuous. Very surprised at his season so far.

Xuhaib

International Coach
very tempted to play Imad at 7 in the test series I think both him and Sarfraz are good enough to be #6 and #7 in Asia. Not sure how his bowling will come along in tests where batsman are not going across the line but worth a try.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
well that's going to be the selection dilemma over the next few months. 4 bowlers (2 spinners) in UAE against West Indies might be sufficient although Pakistan always preferred 5 with Hafeez but I am pretty sure Misbah and Arthur would like 5 bowlers in New Zealand and Australia later..so I won't be surprised if they experiment with the allrounder starting with the WI series.

I am a little conflicted myself... I'd love to see Babar Azam get a go in tests and what better way than for him to start at number 6 and get groomed like Shafiq. But 4 bowlers made the difference between 2-2 and 3-1 in some ways in England and I wouldn't want them to go on the roads of Australia with 4 bowlers.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
well that's going to be the selection dilemma over the next few months. 4 bowlers (2 spinners) in UAE against West Indies might be sufficient although Pakistan always preferred 5 with Hafeez but I am pretty sure Misbah and Arthur would like 5 bowlers in New Zealand and Australia later..so I won't be surprised if they experiment with the allrounder starting with the WI series.

I am a little conflicted myself... I'd love to see Babar Azam get a go in tests and what better way than for him to start at number 6 and get groomed like Shafiq. But 4 bowlers made the difference between 2-2 and 3-1 in some ways in England and I wouldn't want them to go on the roads of Australia with 4 bowlers.
I want Babar to debut aswell but honestly going with 4 bowlers in Aus will be suicide. Even if Imad averages 25 with the bat and 50 with the ball in Aus he would still be a value because his 15 overs a day will be much needed relief for Yasir,Amir and Wahab.

Daemon

Especially if they go with Sohail as the 4th bowler. Looked like he was hyperventilating during most of his spells in England.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I want Babar to debut aswell but honestly going with 4 bowlers in Aus will be suicide. Even if Imad averages 25 with the bat and 50 with the ball in Aus he would still be a value because his 15 overs a day will be much needed relief for Yasir,Amir and Wahab.
I know Imad is ahead of him in the queue but would you consider Nawaz at the test level? Guy is a decent batsman

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I dont' know why Pakistan would opt for 3 seamers including Wahab after the spinners won them the T20 series 3-0. Pakistan were going strong against the seamers and the moment spinners were brought on, they are in trouble

Daemon

Just saw the catch Pollard took, the guy is so good that you kinda expected him to take it and it didn't really come as a surprise.

Daemon

Resuming the innings after the floodlight problem really ****ed Pakistan over. If the innings had been cut short then WI would be chasing the same total but in 5 less overs.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see Nawaz among the wickets. He needs to be a regular in the side too along with Imad. Pakistan need both Imad and Nawaz in the LO side. Would like to see Sohail get a go instead of Wahab. Guy is a gun ODI bowler.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
[HR][/HR]
Its finally over, 14 from 37, what a beast.:laugh:

I know 2016 is a bit mental, but Kraigg opening batting for an ODI side is just as absurd as anything we have seen in the last few months.:laugh:
I know that's how it seems and I agreed with that for a long time. But he has an excellent List A record and usually ends up with a strikerate of between 70 and 80 when he gets a big score. We need someone to actually bat through the first 35 overs and Charles and Fletcher are never going to do that, neither is Evin Lewis if he gets a go.

I don;t think this is a bad ODI team apart from the top order but they look particularly hopeless on this tour. Their preperations have been non-existant so I probably shouldn't be surprised.

This might sound ridiculous but I'm actually looking forward to beng more competitive in the tests. We have so much more to gain and we have some young players who can learn from the experience and show some improvement. The likes of Chase, Hope, Dowrich, Joseph, Cummins etc. I really don;t see the equivalent in this ODI squad outside of Evin Lewis who they won't play.

I'm predicting 3-0 to Pakistan. We might even lose every much on tour. Fun times!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah within the specific requirements of the West Indies side, Brathwaite should get a go. If he averaged mid 30s at a strike rate of mid 70s that'd probably be a drain on most teams, but the West Indies have such an explosive middle and lower order that having someone bat time up front and build a foundation could really help, and the alternatives are prank cricketers.