• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies vs Pakistan in UAE 2016

listento_me

U19 Captain
Sarfraz will have to play an innings of substance tomorrow and ALi will need a century if Pakistan are to post a respectable lead, let alone win the match.

I'll be watching the highlights today but does anyone know how well Holder bowled? Good wickets or bad batting?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Sarfraz will have to play an innings of substance tomorrow and ALi will need a century if Pakistan are to post a respectable lead, let alone win the match.

I'll be watching the highlights today but does anyone know how well Holder bowled? Good wickets or bad batting?
No chance. Look at his average after you remove all his double and triple figure scores. The guy's useless.

neville cardus

International Debutant
What was the size of the no ball? Foot marginally over the line? If being an inch behind makes it a legitimate ball then it won't have any appreciable difference in length.
It wouldn't need to be appreciable, because the difference between missing a ball and edging it isn't appreciable either. That's my whole point. The received wisdom on this issue assumes something which it has no reason to assume, and which there is very good reason to doubt.

indiaholic

International Captain
An inch behind for a ball bowled at 140ks would increase rraction time by about one ten thousands of a second, right? Does that matter?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
An inch behind for a ball bowled at 140ks would increase rraction time by about one ten thousands of a second, right? Does that matter?
It might have changed the length the ball pitched though, which could have created a different outcome.

It's definitely a "could" though, rather than a "probably would".

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm quite excited for today's play. Wonder if the WI will be able to win this.

Ralllllllllllllllllllllllllly, rally round the west indies

Tom Flint

International Regular
With only 9 proper competitive nations then i'd say we need the windies as much as we do the other 8. A great deal

Tom Flint

International Regular
They always have seem to have one terrible session with either bat or ball that goes a long way to costing them the test. Hopefully they dont follow that trend and can win this today

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At least they haven't let Pakistan run away with the scoring rate today. Can't really see WI chasing anything above 150.

EDIT : Actually that sounds stupid considering they got 300+ (or thereabouts) in both games so far batting in the fourth innings. But they need a wicket or two soon.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
At least they haven't let Pakistan run away with the scoring rate today. Can't really see WI chasing anything above 150.

EDIT : Actually that sounds stupid considering they got 300+ (or thereabouts) in both games so far batting in the fourth innings. But they need a wicket or two soon.
pitch isn't that bad is it? 250 gettable

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
pitch isn't that bad is it? 250 gettable
Perhaps, haven't watched a ball of it. Also, Pakistan have never exactly run though them at any point so far in this series, so 200 or so should be gettable in theory. They've just dropped a catch, hope it doesn't cost them.

Bijed

International Regular
Clever from Azhar to get out for a score that will have been good for his average but not so big it gets removed from the equation when looking at how good he really is.