• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies vs Pakistan in UAE 2016

Nauq

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It happens in a meaningless T20 game between 2 sides who don't have a huge fanbase on the forum, prick.
I agree with the fanbase comment but how could you call it a meaningless T20 game? Are Pakistan and West Indies not allowed to play a T20 match? :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I agree with the fanbase comment but how could you call it a meaningless T20 game? Are Pakistan and West Indies not allowed to play a T20 match? :)
Of course they're allowed to play it, but what relevance does it really have?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He did that in response to Brathwaite didn't he? At least according to memes on facebook.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Of course they're allowed to play it, but what relevance does it really have?
In all honesty, what relevance do any ODI series' have? Or test series' involving the Windies, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe?

I don't see why this would merit special attention.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Typical no one in this thread and the match is on now
Well I'm following this series as closely as ever it's just that the timing is really bad for me so I end up watching the highlights the following day and don't really get the time to post here while watching it.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan have now won the last 3 T20s and for a side that looked the worst in the World T20 this year and appears behind the rest of the world, this is quite impressive. Having said that, it's not that Pakistan have made giant strides or fixed all their LO problems overnight - the difference is simple - Imad Hafeez. Pakistan were a middle tier LO side while they had Ajmal and Hafeez, two of the best LO spinners Pakistan ever had and their 20 overs or 8 overs in T20s proved crucial. Pakistan went really south as a LO side when they lost their services.
Imad is basically left arm Hafeez - full and straight..keeps it tight and when you try to smash him, you get out. Nawaz is also helping him greatly and in conditions which suit spinners, this side can win a few games.
The emergence of Hassan Ali is another bright spot. He can very quickly become the most consistent LO seam bowling option for Pakistan..in that he is truly the most modern of the seam bowlers in the country apart from Sohail Khan - has those varieties which Amir, Wahab and Irfan lack.

Glad that Amir got bit of a rest. Would like Wahab to be rest until the test series now.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I understand their thinking. With Hafeez gone, they wanted to go for someone in the top order they think they can rely on. Funnily enough, I always thought between Shafiq and Azhar, Shafiq would be the better ODI player as he has more shots and looks to score more often in test cricket but Azhar ended up being the better player.

Shafiq is coming on the back of some T20 form though not unlike U Akmal. I won't be surprised if Pakistan end up winning the ODI series, not because they are suddenly a good ODI team but because West Indies look in shambles at the moment. Their fielding and body language is atrocious. They give the impression that they don't really care about this series.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i just chucked 20 on Windies tonight to score more sixes than Pak

its not even about winning or losing like, Windies just seem to enjoy dealing in sixes don't they? I can't see Pak clearing the rope more time than them unless Windies literally get bowled out for some flimsy total under 100