• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asian all-time Draft thread

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, Afghanistan should be part in an Asian XI, not that any will be chosen.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol, you gotta be the most sensitive-to-feedback draft-manager/thread-starter in all history :p

You got all prickly & defensive with my feedback last draft too, yet started this one with a 'promise to run it better' comment which I can only assume was a concession of sorts.

A concession I didn't update the selections often enough yes. But you're literally bringing up something of no importance dude, it bugs me

Zinzan

Lol, well it didn't turn out to be importance in this case, but had a certain Wasim Akram never been born, I might have been claiming a technicality ;)

Zinzan

early picks a huge advantage here
They are in some a lot more than others. In some being last and getting the first double pick can actually be pretty good. But yeah with FA great pace bowlers, it's a big advantage in this one.

I've had rotten luck with orders in round 1 in the past, so nice change for me :)

Teuton

International Captain
After debating handy vs god-like, I'll go with god-like:

Sachin Tendulkar

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah haha I was wondering how long we'd slowly choose crappier and crappier pacemen til someone said **** it I want Sachin

and now I have my answer

Zinzan

A novice would assume we really rate Sachin as the 4th best Asian cricketer................. when of course he's really 3rd

smash84

The Tiger King
There were a few options to go with but I suppose the 2nd greatest Asian cricketer (according to some) would do just fine.

Muttiah Muralitharan

Shady Slim

International Coach
was going to try and snag murali, and i am gonna regret this choice down the track but i'm not taking the chance of him not being available, especially considering that this guy was one of my favourite childhood cricketers, and easily the best seamer from his country (imo)

Chaminda Vaas

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Round 1:

Red Hill - Wasim Akram
Zinzan - Imran Khan
J_C - Waqar Younis
Battler's Prince - Kapil Dev
Coronis - Shoaib Akhtar
Teuton - Sachin Tendulkar
smalishah84 - Muttiah Muralitharan
jimmy101 - Fazal Mahmood