• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player to bat for your life?

Player to bat for your life?

• Total voters

Shady Slim

International Coach
that dennis from dennis does cricket says younis khan recently took this mantle from steve waugh for him

smash84

The Tiger King
Viv Richards said that he would Javed Miandad to bat for his life

I'll take Brian Lara. It could either be crash and burn or a glorious heist

Howe_zat

Audio File
I presume you mean 'player to bat an innings that best represents your life'.

For this reason I choose Rangana Herath - it's not the best, there are clearly a lot of poor decisions being employed, but it's pretty enjoyable nonetheless

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I presume you mean 'player to bat an innings that best represents your life'.

For this reason I choose Rangana Herath - it's not the best, there are clearly a lot of poor decisions being employed, but it's pretty enjoyable nonetheless
I took it to mean if your life was in jeopardy, and it could only be saved by a cricket innings, who would you select to represent you?

If this is the case, I wouldn't pick anyone from the subcontinent because they'd have been paid off by some shady character.

smash84

The Tiger King
I took it to mean if your life was in jeopardy, and it could only be saved by a cricket innings, who would you select to represent you?

If this is the case, I wouldn't pick anyone from the subcontinent because they'd have been paid off by some shady character.
Nah, for your life they'd fail free of charge

Athlai

Not Terrible
Something inherently trustworthy about Dravid's batting that makes me feel like he'd take my life the most seriously.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I'm with Watto. It's funny I never see Bradman mentioned in batsmen to bat for your life when he is far and away better than everyone else. Unless the criteria is form of your last innings, I can't see how it's even a poll, let alone one without him.

Chrish

International Debutant
I'm with Watto. It's funny I never see Bradman mentioned in batsmen to bat for your life when he is far and away better than everyone else. Unless the criteria is form of your last innings, I can't see how it's even a poll, let alone one without him.
Perhaps due to his performance on bad wickets?

For similar reason I didn’t include some famous batsmen on the poll because I don’t reckon they were better players in such condition than the ones on the list.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Myself. At least then it's in my own hands.

Perhaps due to his performance on bad wickets?

For similar reason I didn’t include some famous batsmen on the poll because I don’t reckon they were better players in such condition than the ones on the list.
huh? I'd be very surprised if his "performance on bad wickets" wasn't still better than pretty much everyone else's performance even on good wickets.

Last edited:

Chrish

International Debutant
Myself. At least then it's in my own hands.

huh? I'd be very surprised if his "performance on bad wickets" wasn't still better than pretty much everyone else's performance even on good wickets.
Indeed! you might wanna do some research 8-)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. And in this case, the fact is anyone who fails to vote for Allan Border in this poll is a rank idiot.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hanif Mohammed, Bill Woodfull or Geoff Boycott

I saw 'the wall' penetrated too many times