• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test cricket

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, that's gold.

Punt Road oval, what a majestic place.

Richmond to play a final there in 2025*

* being when Punt Road is ready to host footy, and when Richmond next make the 8 :(

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Used to be the worst place to play cricket - the wicket was a slow dog, as they could never dig it up, and they'd had the marquees all over it in Grand Final week. And the outfield was slow so that it was suitable for Richmond footy preseason.

And they used to have some good left hand batsmen who would hit me for goals through wide mid on.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
i have to agree. test cricket has become a farce. all future cricket records will almost only be broken by indian, aussie and english cricketers as well.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Maybe their grounds aren't postage stamps they don't make covers that size.

Itbt I've often wondered why they don't cover the whole grounds out here as well these days.
grass needs sunlight. how long does it take to cover the whole ground? is this logistically feasible 365 days a year?and even if its only when it rains, how much staff do you need on stand by to roll that thing out?

from what i understand the soil in durban was saturated with plenty of rain even before the test. Covers are a nice solution on those 5 days of a test match though.