• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Rise to Number 1

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not sure if those who liked PEWS' 'Imran' comment above actually share the view that he's is the greatest cricketer of all-time or liked it for other reasons.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Woke up today, checked Cricinfo first thing which is the normal routine, confirmed the result of India-WI.

This is how I have been feeling all day

I think I smiled at pretty much everyone who made eye contact with me today.
Sent a txt to the missus "this is the greatest day in the history of my life" Rocky style
Today is her birthday after all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm not sure if those who liked PEWS' 'Imran' comment above actually share the view that he's is the greatest cricketer of all-time or liked it for other reasons.
I think they just like the fact that someone thinks that, even if they ultimately disagree, because they (rightfully :p ) think he's under-rated by most others.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I thought more or less all the regulars were aware of this by now but I haven't gone into it for a while so you may be surprised.. but I make Imran the best Test cricketer of all time. Number one.

You ****.. whatever the hell happened to Kallisball? :(

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah DennisDoesCricket is not where you go for journalism.

There have been a number of beautiful pieces written about the team recently.

Here's Jarrod Kimber

The traitors had tried to pull them down from the inside, and the terrorists from the outside. They had no proper parenting from their board, and in an era where home teams prospered the most, they had no home.

They should have faded away.

No team has ever overcome more to become No. 1 than Pakistan - Blogs - DAWN.COM

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I think they just like the fact that someone thinks that, even if they ultimately disagree, because they (rightfully :p ) think he's under-rated by most others.
I liked it because despite not being a regular, I was aware of it, and I can get enough of you saying it repeatedly.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, thought it might be them agreeing he's underrated and deserving of a top 5 slot as opposed to being out in front ahead of Bradman & Sobers.

Incidentally, It did surprise me he was rated 10th equal along side Hadlee in the Wisden cricketers of the century vote off, although it should be noted the selectors were made up of 28 Poms, 20 Aussies & just 8 Pakistanis and Kiwis.

Wisden - Five cricketers of the century

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Count me in among those who'd have Imran in top 3 of all time. And not having him in top 5 is just travesty.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
No problem with any of that, and you make a convincing case. I was however making the point he's not a categorical 'top 5' cricketer in the way those other two are. That's certainly the impression I've got from reading as many ATG teams and top 5 cricketer selections as I have over the years. Seems to me there's only two that make almost everyone's 5.

Would be genuinely interested if he would make a CW "top 5 cricketers of all time". Has that question ever been polled or voted on?
Wasn't Imran once voted as the no 3 greatest test cricketer on CW?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He was voted as number 7 in the original version and 3 in the second edition.
The 2nd edition is CricketWeb's equivalent of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. No need for it and the world would be a better place if everyone just pretended it didn't exist.

smash84

The Tiger King
The 2nd edition is CricketWeb's equivalent of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. No need for it and the world would be a better place if everyone just pretended it didn't exist.
The world would be better if everybody pretended you didn't exist. You miserable old git.