• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best team in world cricket right now

the best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pakistan

I think England's peak outdoes any other side but relies on so many things clicking into place that realistically we are a good year or more away from being able to challenge for that.

I'd go

Pakistan
England
India
Australia
New Zealand

Flem274*

123/5
voted oz because i reckon as soon as they gap it from anywhere that spins they'll go back to shredding anyone who looks at them funny on bouncy decks. they've got Pakistan and then SA home and away over the summer don't they? I reckon they'll win all 3 series.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan

I think England's peak outdoes any other side but relies on so many things clicking into place that realistically we are a good year or more away from being able to challenge for that.

I'd go

Pakistan
England
India
Australia
New Zealand
It does amaze me that SA has 1 bad year where we played on some raging turners in India and struggled, and had a poor series against England. With a number of injured players, so subsequently we now can`t break into the top 5, so the only team SA are better than is WI?.... I do find that hard to understand. Not saying we are at the top....but.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I must admit that does seem pretty strange to me as well, especially as a NZ fan & considering we've never beaten SA in a Test series home or away. But if we do win this coming series, there can be no debate.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It does amaze me that SA has 1 bad year where we played on some raging turners in India and struggled, and had a poor series against England. With a number of injured players, so subsequently we now can`t break into the top 5, so the only team SA are better than is WI?.... I do find that hard to understand. Not saying we are at the top....but.
I'd agree with you. There is very little between the top 6, including SA. Anyone who thinks there is an outright no.1 in all conditions is delusional.

Australia is probably a clear no. 1 almost anywhere except asia, but given that 3 of the top 7 sides are Asian that's a very big issue.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'll go India, Pakistan, Australia, England in that order, and I still think South Africa are a stronger side than NZ assuming they're all fit by now.

I think people look for away wins so hard that they forget that repeated, vigorous kicking of opposition teeth at home actually takes some doing as well.

SeamUp

International Coach
Too hard to judge.

I think if we had a tournament of 6 teams on neutral venues over a few months - everybody would be beating everybody.

So many teams have so many flaws and relying on a core group of players.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'll go India, Pakistan, Australia, England in that order, and I still think South Africa are a stronger side than NZ assuming they're all fit by now.

I think people look for away wins so hard that they forget that repeated, vigorous kicking of opposition teeth at home actually takes some doing as well.

As an India fan I am amazed someone actually rates us #1. I really do not see how we are better than any of the other 3. Performance in Windies and SL does show we have potential but to me it goes:

Pak, Eng, Aus, India, SA, NZ

and I would rate 3-6 as so interchangeable that I might have a different order even tomorrow.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It seems to me to answer this question we need a parameter of what time frame we should be looking at.

Are we judging sides on performances over the last 3-4 years or is that going back too far??

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It seems to me to answer this question we need a parameter of what time frame we should be looking at.

Are we judging sides on performances over the last 3-4 years or is that going back too far??
the time frame is now.

IMO, use whatever evidence you consider relevant. If that's going back only 6 months due to player retirements, so be it. If it's going back 6 years due to a strong core unit, that's fine too.

Xuhaib

International Coach
At the moment we have 6-7 decent to good teams capable of holding their own in conditions that suit them. I wonder how would India 2010, Eng 05, Aus 95 or Pakistan 88 would do in this era would they be the undisputed # 1 which they could not be during their era.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
At the moment we have 6-7 decent to good teams capable of holding their own in conditions that suit them. I wonder how would India 2010, Eng 05, Aus 95 or Pakistan 88 would do in this era would they be the undisputed # 1 which they could not be during their era.
and NZ 85-87

SeamUp

International Coach
Still think we need a few batsman to nail down positions ie like most of the test cricketing world.

Stephen Cook as an opening partner for Portta Elgar.

The big thing for me is getting the best-man between Duminy, Bavuma, van Zyl & Rossouw. Possibly 2 positions ? Is Faf safe ? Otherwise move to the next generation.