• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best team in world cricket right now

the best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Lol, that you can't see the difference. There's no serious argument for Martin. The general consensus from what I've read here is that as of this moment, most seem to think India are the no. 1 Test side and SA 2, which makes it 100% relevant to point out that you disagree with that notion.

The more accurate analogous question using Root should be 'Do I agree Joe Root and Steve Smith are better batsmen than KW as of this moment and my answer would be, yes.

Your absurd Chris Martin question would only work if I'd said India and Zimbabwe.

I will try to make things less complex for you in the future since the grouping clearly confused you.
I don't know where you're going with this post.

I'm out.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha, I'll rephrase, only Furball would still be getting defensive about the idea that India, followed by SA look the 2 best Test sides going around currently.
How do you figure that? Nothing passive about it, it's actually being very matter of fact. Furball has been arguing against the notion that India and SA look the two best sides of late.

Be a bit like me claiming you're at your peak righteousness.
If you'd posted 'Furball doesn't think South Africa are one of the top two sides' then, passive aggressive snarkiness aside, that would have been correct.

You are implying that I have a problem with the idea that India are one of the best sides when I haven't indicated that anywhere.

Mentioning India in your posts was irrelevant.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cheers, my posts you quoted there make it even clearer I was talking about the "2 best sides" in the one statement, which is still for some reason confusing you, so I appreciate you quoting them.

If you agreed with India, but disagree about SA, that's all you needed to say, I'm not sure what the big song & dance & demands for an apology was all about. :D

Perhaps have a rest for now, and have another read back through here later and I'm sure the penny will drop.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm not really a fan of the passive aggressiveness flying around in this thread but so long as it doesn't get too heated, alright—but holy god, lay off the fonts.

TNT

Banned
Cant really see India as the number one team, not to many teams would be that worried about India touring.

Zinzan

South Africa are definitely in contention for the Top Spot, especially when ABD & Steyn are back again.
Yup, the consensus among most neutrals here seems to be that India and SA are quite clearly the two top Test sides as of this moment.

I still think India deserve their title, in spite of being a very different side to SA, which does make it more difficult to compare them.

Zinzan

Cant really see India as the number one team, not to many teams would be that worried about India touring.
Well they're almost unbeatable at home currently, and so far and away the best 'home side' currently, that it kind of compensates for that fact they're not so great away.

TNT

Banned
Well they're almost unbeatable at home currently, and so far and away the best 'home side' currently, that it kind of compensates for that fact they're not so great away.
I know what you are saying but if they cant beat teams away and beat them at home then its not the same as being better is it.

Motorwada

Banned
I know what you are saying but if they cant beat teams away and beat them at home then its not the same as being better is it.
Thing is other teams suck equally away (in fact India at least drew some matches in the last away leg without getting whitewashed) and are not as strong as home as India. No team is as dominant at home as India.

TNT

Banned
Last time I checked India beat SL in SL and WI in WI in the past year or two.
Everyone beats WI in WI so that's no biggie and beating SL in SL is like Aus beating NZ in NZ because the conditions are similar. SA and ENG to me present a tougher challenge when touring.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Everyone? Care to check what England did in WI last time they were there? And Ind dont tour those countries for now, so it doesn't matter to their current performance and ranking. I agree India need to do well in SA, Eng, Aus and NZ if they want to be considered a good side but right now, most sides are not that far from each other and India's home record is helping them inch ahead in the rankings. Not sure why they "need" to be a good side to be the #1 side in the current scenario really.

FWIW, I still dont think there is a clear #1 side, inspite of India's recent home performances. Just my take coz the teams are so fluid and all it takes is one lollapse away from home for any team to go down a few pegs in most of our judgements here.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd go with India as #1. We all know this may skew if they play a few tough away series, or rather there will be big questions to ask of them - I suspect the India fans would agree with this - but you can only win the games you play.

On South Africa, it's clearly more debatable, and for ****s sake we beat them in a Test series there in this calendar year. I think there's arguments you can make every which way.

Australia have been woeful at times of late but are humiliating Pakistan, Pakistan were one of the best touring sides I've seen over here in recent times. I could go on.

For me it's India one, and a whole stack of teams fighting it out for two.

Burgey

What happens when Australia beats India in the test series in February? Do we become number one?