• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2016/17

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Doubtful ND will schedule any Whangarei fixtures for New Duffy and Nathan Smith next season, that's for sure.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Howsie told CW once that Corey would emerge as clearly the third best batsman in the country. We're still waiting.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, keep getting that left arm up, high and strong, and the rest will follow for Duffy. It does look like an effort for him though. For international level he'd want to be able to bowl a straight one or offcutter to attack the stumps too.

Munro such a Guptill, returning from international failure to absolutely destroy a domestic attack.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hundred for Bruce while the rest of CD has struggled against Auckland's illustrious attack.

Pleased to see Watling getting some time at the crease too.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I think it is a shame that DDB never got a chance in the BCs. Many lesser players have over the years. If they don't want to expose a young keeper to international cricket I'd rather have DDB than returning to Ronchi again.

Blain

U19 Captain
I really struggle to see how Henry Shipley can be described as having a nice action.

Might just be my aversion to the modern back-preserving front on action.

But he has one of the biggest momentum killing front on actions I've seen.
It's that back foot of his, goes out very wide on the crease. It's amazing how he doesn't fall away much. 1.96 cm tall, looks to bowl at a pretty decent clip. A lot to work with there, hopefully Bondy continues his involvement in Canterbury coaching.

Can Munro please stop scoring 100's? He probably has the best FC average of any batsmen in the Plunket shield. Perhaps Ever? Bruce is close, averaging 50 himself.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Can Munro please stop scoring 100's? He probably has the best FC average of any batsmen in the Plunket shield. Perhaps Ever?
It's infuriating when he hasn't done anything at international level and then goes back and scores 146(109) and now 110*(64) - ridiculous innings in a match that hasn't even been very high scoring.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
It's that back foot of his, goes out very wide on the crease. It's amazing how he doesn't fall away much. 1.96 cm tall, looks to bowl at a pretty decent clip. A lot to work with there, hopefully Bondy continues his involvement in Canterbury coaching.
I don't think he does bowl at a decent clip. Mid 120s.

What involvement does Bond have with Canterbury? This is news to me.

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Another thing with that old Duffy, is his follow through could stop at 2 paces.

That's fixed. Now he will need to focus on not running on the pitch .....

Ah, it must be a tough job changing an action. Like learning a golf swing, you focus on fixing one thing and then another thing will start to go wrong.

Good luck Jacob. He's good enough and will get there I reckon.

Mike5181

International Captain

Can Munro please stop scoring 100's? He probably has the best FC average of any batsmen in the Plunket shield. Perhaps Ever? Bruce is close, averaging 50 himself.
Graeme Hick: 2055 @ 79.03
Chris Harris: 5442 @ 57.89
Martin Crowe: 5796 @ 57.38
Matthew Sinclair: 9148 @ 51.68
Kane Williamson 1828 @ 57.12
Bert Sutcliffe: 8323 @ 53.70

Those are the guys I can think of. I don't know about a nearly run-a-ball SR to go along with the averages, though.

jcas0167

International Debutant
It's infuriating when he hasn't done anything at international level and then goes back and scores 146(109) and now 110*(64) - ridiculous innings in a match that hasn't even been very high scoring.
This just shows that Munro's rightful place is number 5 in the test team.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Average of 52.4.

Crazy that Harris averaged 57.
Yeah, he became Bradmanesque at first class level in NZ. I recall the 96/97 season he scored three double hundreds but couldn't crack the test team. There was no way past Fleming, Astle or Cairns in the middle order.