• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2016/17

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Classic CW. Seifert opens the batting (something he has never done at FC level) and makes 97, and not a peep. And yet if he comes in with a couple of overs left in a one day game and makes bugger all the haterz run in from everywhere.

Don't know why the kid gets zero credit on here.
Possibly because he has done nothing of note as yet.

But I hope he goes on to be a superstar. Disappointed for him today.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Looks like he's resisting the urge to fall away though it's still there to some extent. When he gets that outswing and bounce he starts to look impressive.
I was watching Seiffert's boundaries and one late in the day off Duffy where I reckon you could see him start to fall away a bit.

Vaughan Johnson and Demitri Mascheranas should hang their heads in shame. I guess Vaughan is for other undisclosed reasons.

Can you believe Mascheranas got promoted to NZ bowling coach when Duffy regressed so much (and so visibly obvious ) while on his watch.

Un ****ing believable.

Last edited:

Immenso

I've noticed the upwards trend in Seiffert's output with the bat the last few months, it's encouraging, especially as it has covered all 3 formats.

But Seiffert had underwhelmed for most of the last few years, including plenty of chances up the order. Has put zero pressure on Ronchi.

He would have had an open field too if he had stood up anytime in the last 18 months, now he's in a 4 man race.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
i like to poke fun at howsies fanboying of ND but im not going to hold a slow start to domestic cricket against someone who is only just 22. not everyone begins their career with a bang like kane or craig mcmillan

seifert has shown some solid adaptability this season with a slow ton and now opening the batting. nice to see from someone hyped as a life member of the intent brigade, next mccullum etc

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
He would have had an open field too if he had stood up anytime in the last 18 months, now he's in a 4 man race.
This is obviously the same for Cleaver and Blundell.

Upshot is that it's great to have some competition, even if it's coming a little late and we've had to suffer Ronchi for far too long.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Classic CW. Seifert opens the batting (something he has never done at FC level) and makes 97, and not a peep. And yet if he comes in with a couple of overs left in a one day game and makes bugger all the haterz run in from everywhere.

Relax Howsie, I doubt many have managed to catch highlights from yesterday yet (I haven't) and he also fell just short of his milestone.

I think everyone would like him to start scoring the runs to reflect his ability. Right now someone of his attacking style would be a great option for the NZ limited overs side at number 7... just needs to make the domestic runs to demand a place first.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
We can't really blame CW for suspecting Seifert's just another slice off the 'Kiwi millennial tries to bat in cricket' loaf, tbh. Most of that perception he's gained is probably my doing. ;)

I can't lie; ever since his very disappointing U19 WC, when we had such a weak side and really needed the gifted ones to stand up and be counted, I've suspected NZ will strike yet another rich vein of crass and clumsy bottom-handed blunders, when we start picking Seifert in internationals.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Duffy looks improved but I expect he'll regress back into old habits quickly, he hasn't changed enough of the basics for the changes to stick imo.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Hint: It's because you ride ND players way too hard and the equilibrium is achieved by the rest of us going the other way.

I for one, away from CW, hope Seifert kicks on in a big way. Lord knows our keeping stocks need it. I hope any one of the up and comers do so. I believe he's much closer than Glenn P - even if that's not the popular theory - but pretty average form over the last 18 months meant it was Blundell not him that made the NZ squads this year. And Seifert will either have to have an incredible end to the year or a big first half of 2017 to leapfrog (unsure of NZ A's touring schedule).

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I was watching Seiffert's boundaries and one late in the day off Duffy where I reckon you could see him start to fall away a bit.

Vaughan Johnson and Demitri Mascheranas should hang their heads in shame. I guess Vaughan is for other undisclosed reasons.

Can you believe Mascheranas got promoted to NZ bowling coach when Duffy regressed so much (and so visibly obvious ) while on his watch.

Un ****ing believable.
Spot on. Don't expect it to be too different under Jurgensen. Henry, backwards. Bracewell before injury, nothing of note Southee, certainly not forwards. Boult a special case in that he basically coaches himself. And everything just below either injured or not putting pressure on.

Immenso

I really struggle to see how Henry Shipley can be described as having a nice action.

Might just be my aversion to the modern back-preserving front on action.

But he has one of the biggest momentum killing front on actions I've seen.

Immenso

This season still continues to depress me.

B Smith bowled inside edging an outswinger FFS. That's very loose for a test contending opener, even if he's in horrible form.

Then Will Young golden duck.

Yesterday O'Donnell grinds out a hard working 70, but then is followed by Munro making you wonder why so hard? with a better than run-a-ball 150 .....

CD can't get any of their 5 young fast bowlers on the field.

Sigh.

At least Henry and Kuggeleijn are taking ***y wickets.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
A 5er from Kugz. While I want to avoid any further comment on the particulars of his case, that's a hell of an effort given that just a few days ago he wouldn't have known whether he'd be in jail this week. There's no way he'll get picked this season, but I imagine NZ cricket will now be looking for some opportunity to debut him in an out of the way overseas series. Aren't we playing in Ireland in May?

Good to see Henry also returning to some form. Really want to see him playing ahead of Ferguson.

Last edited:

Immenso

Geez.

Munro first change. After Grobelaaar opened.

The difference between Auckland batting depth and bowling depth is stark.

You'd expect Warren Barnes, once he's fixed, will want to head home pronto.

Even Brett Randell.

But in contrast. The batting still had Guptill, Phillips, Chapman not playing.

A de Boorder and Carl Cachopa giving it up for lack of opportunities.

Craig Cachopa in some sort of wilderness.

Kitchen and Neesham exported down south.

1 or 2 of those guys should register with a Counties Manukau club next season.

Blain

U19 Captain
Damn those Duffy wickets look good. He's actually swinging the ball again! Good signs from him. Great call from Otago to tell him to sort his entire action out before he plays again.

Wickets everywhere this morning.