• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2016/17

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I don't really understand what Athlai's problem with Raval is at this point.

No, he should be nowhere near the limited overs squad. The point of these A games is to get a look at players and to keep them playing against good opponents.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't really understand what Athlai's problem with Raval is at this point.

No, he should be nowhere near the limited overs squad. The point of these A games is to get a look at players and to keep them playing against good opponents.
I just feel like I remember reading that it'd be used as selection basis for the ODI leg of this tour to India and Raval shouldn't be anywhere near limited overs selection.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I just feel like I remember reading that it'd be used as selection basis for the ODI leg of this tour to India and Raval shouldn't be anywhere near limited overs selection.
Yeah they're probably gonna go full circle and drop Guptill from the ODI team

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess the more pertinent question is if anyone isn't there who deserves to be there/should be there instead of Jeet? I knew Jeet was a poor T20/List A bat but I didn't know his record was that awful.

By the way, Robbie O/Chapman/Glenny P are all going to make fools of Kippax by playing for NZ in the next 3-5 years. Guns, one and all.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I think they're probably really close to playing Raval in November against Pakistan, so they put him in the team that didn't have Nuttall/Henry/Kuggs. Probably asked those three to lay on a Raval vs. Fast Stuff compilation for the selectors to have a look at later. Bugger all pace in any pitch in New Zealand in September though, of course.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I guess the more pertinent question is if anyone isn't there who deserves to be there/should be there instead of Jeet? I knew Jeet was a poor T20/List A bat but I didn't know his record was that awful.

By the way, Robbie O/Chapman/Glenny P are all going to make fools of Kippax by playing for NZ in the next 3-5 years. Guns, one and all.
For one dayers? Sure. For tests? Ehhh, Raval is probably most deserving.we had a weird shift of all our middle order old farts turning themselves into openers to try get in the Test team. Unfortunately none of them are particularly good at it

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's Chapman's eligibility situation? Played for Hong Kong at the World T20, didn't he?

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
I think they're probably really close to playing Raval in November against Pakistan, so they put him in the team that didn't have Nuttall/Henry/Kuggs. Probably asked those three to lay on a Raval vs. Fast Stuff compilation for the selectors to have a look at later. Bugger all pace in any pitch in New Zealand in September though, of course.
Original trial teams selected had NZ XI top 5 bats v EP pace bowling unit with SB helping as Coach this week. When racing certainties for India CM and GW did not front team balance shifted , Raval swapped teams and Rutherford was added to the mix. Anderson and Milne played as batsmen. A September wicket in NZ a far cry from India so as Kippax says selectors are looking down the road. ODI batting selection demands productivity so 45+ Average at 100 + SR at Lincoln the likely minimum to bolt you onto the plane to Dharamsala. Even if you manage that still not going to happen.

Blain

U19 Captain
Hmm classic Wheeler. Real shame, hope it's just a niggle.

Ferguson? Hope he was just rested. Would love to see Lockie carry on his form from last season, could be a bolter for limited overs cricket, especially if (when) Milne gets an injury later in summer.