• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2016/17

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
ND couldn't quite mastermind the chase there.

Tomorrow morning's game (this is what we've come to with NZC not linking to scorecards from the front page. The link won't work now, will work tomorrow) -
Match Not Found

Howsie

International Captain
I wouldn't be surprised if we are subjected to one more season of Ronchi before Seifert is brought into the limited overs team. The sooner the better though.

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
ND couldn't quite mastermind the chase there.

Tomorrow morning's game (this is what we've come to with NZC not linking to scorecards from the front page. The link won't work now, will work tomorrow) -
Match Not Found
Cracking trial game. Runs and wickets. Some stand outs.Kudos to ground staff. Trial to finalize NZ squad for ODI series in India so Live Stream from BSO,Lincoln would have been followed . Could not find a Live Score today. Link not available to general public ? Seems a questionable approach.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
No, it's just either apathy or the best A.V. staff now being on tour in India.

It's a shame someone like me will never be trusted to put my reputation as a tinfoil hatter behind me, do some waged work from within the system.

Blain

U19 Captain
I wouldn't be surprised if we are subjected to one more season of Ronchi before Seifert is brought into the limited overs team. The sooner the better though.
Well he needs to perform at Domestic Level first. He averages 13 in One Dayers, which would hardly be putting the selectors under pressure..

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Dunno if it was another thread but Kippax, you honestly put Auckland's lack of national representation batting-wise down to EPOO?

Howsie

International Captain
Well he needs to perform at Domestic Level first. He averages 13 in One Dayers, which would hardly be putting the selectors under pressure..
Which he no doubt will. High ceiling kid, he'll play 10 plus years for NZ I have no doubt.

Blain

U19 Captain
Possibly, showed signs in Plunket shield that he can score runs. Will only take a few big scores to sort out his averages. I just hope NZ Cricket will not be debuting guys who haven't performed at Domestic Cricket, because they have potential.

But I guess Sodhi, Santner and Nicholls (in test cricket) fall in that category.. So there you go :unsure:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
NEW ZEALAND XI vs NZC EMERGING PLAYERS

Hard to draw conclusions on who batted or bowled well from the scorecard in the second match - lots of 30s and 40s, and bowlers getting 1 or 2 wickets at 5-6 per over. O'Donnell with 70 the only score of note.

Is there any particular logic in who is picked for 'Emerging Players' vs 'NZ XI'? Cos looking at the mix of each team I can't see any. Would expect 'Emerging' to be younger and with fewer NZ caps, but the opposite is true.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Interesting how the myth played a one day squad trial game basically despite rarely even getting selected for Auckland.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see Rutherford's proved what many of us already knew, that being if anything he's a T20/ODI prospect rather than a red-ball one.

For Derby, in FC matches he's averaged a paltry 27, In List As, averaged 48 with a SR of 101 & in T20s, averaged 31 with an impressive SR of 142.

Now if that wasn't clear before...

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting how the myth played a one day squad trial game basically despite rarely even getting selected for Auckland.
I looked through the scoreboard a dozen times and couldn't work out who you're talking about...

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Joining EPOO's very masculine Concourse Club against Adam Milne on TV last summer would've been key.