• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2016/17

Dead Meat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Looks like Milne is out of the ODI's while Anderson is a chance. Black Caps quick Adam Milne set to miss target of making ODI squad for India | Stuff.co.nz

Interesting two XI's named - heavy on the part time/all round bowling options

NZ XI

1. George Worker (6)
2. Anton Devcich (5)
3. Colin Munro (8....)
4. Will Young (c)
5. Mark Chapman (7)
6. Adam Milne
7. Tom Blundell
8. Ben Wheeler (2)
9. Seth Rance (4)
10.Jacob Duffy (1)
11.Hamish Bennett (3)

12th Cameron Fletcher

Emerging Players XI:

1. Michael Bracewell (c)
2. Jeet Raval
3. Robbie O'Donnell
4. Corey Anderson (5)
5. Colin de Grandhomme (7)
6. Tim Seifert
7. Scott Kuggeleijn (4)
8. Todd Astle (6)
9. Matt Henry (1)
10.Lockie Ferguson (3)
11.Edward Nuttall (2)

12th Shawn Hicks

Howsie

International Captain
Seth Rance. I could really see him becoming a handy ODI bowler for New Zealand, most improved bowler I've seen in years.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting how they're unmoved by Tom Bruce's fetching, Rob Nicoly runs. Maybe he and Glenn Phillips aren't in the country.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Only two batsmen in the NZ XI ? In this level of fixture a List A average of 35+ at an SR of 75+ would qualify a batsman. Even if they roll their arms over occasionally.
NZ engine room 'I should bowl a bit to make sure I'm seen as a more valuable player' players like Munro, Devcich or George Worker aren't batsmen in my books tbh

Athlai

Not Terrible
Would definitely consider Munro and Worker genuine limited overs batsman. Devcich would be selected on batting alone too at domestic level in limited overs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So it's official, Milne is now more injury-prone than Bond was. How depressing.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez, I hope you're right, just seems he can't go more than 2-3 weeks of bowling without something happening, and weirdly it often seems to be something quite different every time.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
to be honest I'm somewhat skeptical of the value in the great deal of orthopaedic surgery that top level sportsmen go through. I think the medical profession should be asking a bit harder questions about how much actual positive outcomes cleaning out an elbow joint has, from a variety of perspectives.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would definitely consider Munro and Worker genuine limited overs batsman. Devcich would be selected on batting alone too at domestic level in limited overs.
Yeah Munro and Worker would've been picked even if they couldn't bowl at all.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd wager on yes to live scoring, no to a live stream. There is the capability to live stream from Bert Sutcliffe Oval at Lincoln, but I think only with India A's visit they've ever bothered to do it, due to maybe demand.

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
Kippax. Thanks. Curiously demanding week of matches for those Domestic players who have not played a game in 5 months. Nothing on NZC site about these national trials so will be little demand when Kiwi cricket fans remain uninformed .

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Kippax. Thanks. Curiously demanding week of matches for those Domestic players who have not played a game in 5 months. Nothing on NZC site about these national trials so will be little demand when Kiwi cricket fans remain uninformed .
Yeah although I'd have to say NZC has achieved its goals in growing its web hits and Twitter followers etc. by really actively dialing down the nerdy vibe that makes cricket feel a bit peevish and forbidding, a bit stale, pale and male.

Until there are massive queues lining up down the street waiting to get into a domestic T20 Super Smash game, you can forget about NZC live camera feeds showing the windblown and desolate vibe of an early season Possibles vs. Probables trial series.