• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dual draft thread. Drafting the best pre WW2 and post WW2 team(so it'l be 22 rounds)

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The only draft I've ever won on this site is the dual ODI/test thread. It was a lot of fun. So I'm having a go at my own version but changing the rules

It'l take a long time obviously so that's the only catch. But the voting will be rather in depth, you'll vote 5-4-3-2-1 for the best pre WW2 team and post WW2 team and the user with the most combined points wins.

The reason I'm making it 5-4-3-2-1 and not simply 3-2-1 is that too many people were punished for having 2 middle-of-the-road teams and me who focused soley on making the test team first rewarded with winning the whole thing even though my ODI team sucked. This allows more people to pick up points basically and encourages building both your sides carefully.

10 users sounds good.

Oh and to clarify, if you debuted before WW2 you count as a pre-WW2 player even if the majority of your career came after the war eg Len Hutton. so yeah no Bradman too

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
okay so min 1 test and no Bradman. 10 hrs per pick

Round 1:

The Battlers Prince
Agent TBY
morgieb
mr_mister
Samuel_Vimes
OverratedSanity
J_C