• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I've had enough, Virat Kohli.......

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You've missed the point. KW didn't have an average over 50 until he played Zimbabwe, so to give that as the reason for KW being distinctly better is weak.
No I think you did, the point being if you take a microscope to any batsman's average you'll find context and some argument to discount or qualify something. Is it really a big deal factor his average was 49 prior to this series, and would it have made any difference if the Zim series he piled runs was two series ago instead?

vcs

Kohli deserves his fair share of flak for being a walking wicket in England. He also deserves immense credit for having those great series in SA and Australia. Those two series performances were arguably better than any series the other three have had.
Obviously England bowled great at him and perfectly executed their plans, but it was kind of weird how he just dropped off a cliff in that series. Considering how well he did before that in SA/NZ and smashed it in the T20 WC, form was obviously not an issue. Then he had a poor IPL and I hoped that he was saving his runs for international games, but then that horror run ensued..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
what's definitely clear is that Kane is the best bloke out of the 4. The only one who is not twattish.

Kohli - awesomely entertaining whiny ****
Smith - very boring whiny ****
Root - cheeky ****
KW - boring but good bloke.

Daemon

If the pitches at home stay the same way his average might not hit 50 at all. Batting conditions in the SA series were the toughest I've seen in a while.

Wish YK had the chance to tour India last year, reckon he would've schooled everyone on how to bat there.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
what's definitely clear is that Kane is the best bloke out of the 4. The only one who is not twattish.
This is like the Kiwaaah version of the rejected bloke who claims the girl just doesn't like nice guys

Howe_zat

Audio File
Every now and then you do see some figures that make the idea of 'the fab four' look very weird. This is one and if you adjust to being from the start of the 2014 summer where Root really kicked off it's even more stark. Smith 2nd, Williamson 3rd, Root 5th and Kohli 27th.

It's in the ICC rankings too. Smith 1st, Williamson 2nd, Root 3rd and Kohli... 13th. I get that there are similarities and we all expect big things from Kohli but there's clearly some catching up to be done.

flibbertyjibber

what tour? India haven't toured England since 2007, other than a one-off Lord's test in 2014.
I always giggle at the injokes on here like this one. I imagine some newbie reading this and thinking that this guy knows bugger all as they toured twice in the last 5 years and he is so stupid he missed it. In this case it is true though. :D

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The Indian conditions are going to make it tough to really knock up scores if recent series are anything to go by.

Burgey

Kohli - awesomely entertaining whiny ****
Smith - very boring whiny ****
Root - cheeky ****
KW - boring but good bloke.
Nah, he's a Kiwi. Born with a chip on his shoulder. It'll show, especially now he's become captain. #spiritofcricketawardisallyoulleverwin

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, he's a Kiwi. Born with a chip on his shoulder. It'll show, especially now he's become captain. #spiritofcricketawardisallyoulleverwin
He reminds me a bit of Richie McCaw who is the greatest captain since Francis Drake sailed the 7 seas. I reckon he'll lead us to our first ever test series win over South Africa for a start.

Flem274*

123/5
He reminds me a bit of Richie McCaw who is the greatest captain since Francis Drake sailed the 7 seas. I reckon he'll lead us to our first ever test series win over South Africa for a start.
haha, nz never win in south africa. sometimes they beat england, or even australia.

nz in south africa is the dale steyn benefit series.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
haha, nz never win in south africa. sometimes they beat england, or even australia.

nz in south africa is the dale steyn benefit series.
I didn't say in South Africa as I expect us to lose this month. However, I reckon we'll beat them at some stage in the next 6 or 7 years under his captaincy.

Zinzan

Odds are we'll lose, but a bit of luck with the toss of the coin and getting some favorable conditions & we could well sneak this series.