• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I've had enough, Virat Kohli.......

Howe_zat

Audio File
How would Starc get into a world test XI? Don't get me wrong, I rate him but he's hardly been a consistent test performer as yet.
I get the hype, he is the best at what he does. All the competition is right arm fast-medium and he's left arm fast. Also people care about world cups.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Neither Ponting nor Kallis were great test batsmen in the 90s so if they can get selected in a 90s XI, why not Kohli? The point being neither of these people are particularly well informed about current cricket, they watch barely a handful of games involving the big teams and don't really follow anything outside of that. Herath and Steyn missing out and Starc getting picked on the day he took 11 wickets is a testament to that.

[

Since 2014, KW averages 73, YK averages 57. Both Azhar Ali and Hafeez average higher than Cook in the same period and in far less number of games, Hafeez as as many hundreds and Azhar has more.

Picking AB as a keeper is kinda cheating but I sort of understand that selection. But if anything, Sanga should have been selected as WK batsman ahead of AB.

But bottom line is that this team should not be taken that seriously. And here's the thing about Kohli though. I believe he is a great batsmen and his test average doesn't bother me that much. It's only a matter of time before he gets it up there. And he is also not a lesser batsman than KW, Root and Smith. But if we are picking a current Test XI, there is no way he gets number 4 ahead of YK or KW today.

Attachments

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Point being Williamson is sooooooo much more deserving of a spot than Kohli it's not even funny...

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Funny how Voges has the highest average of everyone since the start of 2014 and no one is picking him in a world XI

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How would Starc get into a world test XI? Don't get me wrong, I rate him but he's hardly been a consistent test performer as yet.
Since the start of 2015, Starc actually has the 3rd best average out of bowlers who have taken more than 50 wickets.

Daemon

If we're picking a team to play tomorrow which I suspect is what they were doing, then YK is like 30th on the list and picking Starc over Steyn is actually fine. No KW is obviously stupid though.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
If we're picking a team to play tomorrow which I suspect is what they were doing, then YK is like 30th on the list and picking Starc over Steyn is actually fine. No KW is obviously stupid though.
If we're going by current series only, why are Warner and Smith in the side?

Last edited:

Daemon

If we're going by current series only, why are Warner and Smith in the side?
I'm not going by just the current series. I do get your point that Younis was very good in the series preceding this one though. It's just that he looks completely out of sorts at the moment compared to Smith who's struggling for runs but doesn't look like he's batting on a pogo stick.

Burner

International Regular
Kohli's ability to perform miracles in the shorter format get etched into people's memory. That I think induces confidence on him in tests as well.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I bet that ****er has nightmares about the red ball deviating even a fraction.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
:laugh:

This is great. Going to bump this thread every few years. An amazing kiwahhhhh effort

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Picking ABdV as keeper was a bad selection too, esp with Ashwin and Yasir in the side. Sarfraz probably the right choice.