• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

battle of the australian batting capitulations (2010s)

Victor Ian

International Coach
I really hope one day they'll get to 69 for none and lose all 10 for no run
ok, the child in me gets the 69 part, but how is it enhanced by 10/0 from then on?

[why am i in such a grouchy mood today? - oh yeah - yesterday!]

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Offshoot thread idea:

Battle of the good Australian batting performances in tough conditions (2010)

tumbleweed.gif

Howe_zat

Audio File
Offshoot thread idea:

Battle of the good Australian batting performances in tough conditions (2010)

tumbleweed.gif
this is one of those chicken/egg issues as 'tough batting conditions' are generally defined as 'conditions in which Australia collapsed'

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There must have been a few decent performances in there when they beat England 5-0 and SA 2-1 in succession. Sydney was a bowling friendly pitch IIRC, of course England were mentally cooked by then. Also against SA in the first Test of the next series.

Also when they chased down 300+ in SA in 2011.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must've been something about Lord's last Ashes, considering we made 2/254 and then bowled England out for just 103 in the last innings.

Compton

International Debutant
Nah it's no where near as bad as some of the others. Given the pitch and the match situation.

morgieb

Yeah it ranks nowhere near the same sort of captiulation that the others do. Especially given who was involved.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Considering that (if memory serves) in Oz's last 16 Tests their No 6/7 bats have reached 50 twice I'm surprised collapses like today haven't happened more often.

flibbertyjibber

Harsh to consider this one laughable given the track they were on. Certainly nowhere near as bad as the Indian lollapses last week.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
That one in Perth against South Africa should be right up there because I reckon of all the collapses it was probably the most favourable match situation it occurred in: on top of the match, good batting conditions and opposition down to three main bowlers with one of them being a debuting spinner at a ground which is notoriously a graveyard for spin bowlers.