• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

battle of the australian batting capitulations (2010s)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How many tours you had here? I remember in the 80s and 90s they'd be out here seemingly every year the West Indies weren't. It was during this era that Aaqib Javed first toured as a 16 year old then came back a year later and was 19. The poor **** is now probably 156 at the rate he was aging.

I wonder what became of him, he was a decent bowler tbh but was always going to be third quick at best once Wasim and Waqar came along.

vcs

He was an excellent bowler, come to think of it, someone should have nominated him in the "Best-looking cricketer" thread. Regularly destroyed India in Sharjah.

Burgey

He was an excellent bowler, come to think of it, someone should have nominated him in the "Best-looking cricketer" thread. Regularly destroyed India in Sharjah.
Yeah, but I mean, you know....

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Adelaide 2010 was terribad given the conditions. Didn't it start with a lol run out as well?
2nd innings was horrendous, 6 wickets in hand and have to bat half a day against 3 bowlers to avoid rain, even Hussey got out playing a dumb shot.

I'm sure one of the England team tweeted a photo (and Swann referenced it in his autobiography) of the ground being completely under water by what would have been the scheduled tea break.

That one was fairly gutless.

Spikey

I almost considered adding Adelaide 2010 as a single entrant because of that, but figured it was a bit unfair

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Speaking of meme worthy does anyone have the 47ao meme of Fat Gray in conversation with his bowlers about what to do after they'd just been bowled out for 96. With the response of how about we bowl them out for half that? My google fu is failing and i feel it should be in the thread to add to the debate.

vcs

2nd innings was horrendous, 6 wickets in hand and have to bat half a day against 3 bowlers to avoid rain, even Hussey got out playing a dumb shot.

I'm sure one of the England team tweeted a photo (and Swann referenced it in his autobiography) of the ground being completely under water by what would have been the scheduled tea break.

That one was fairly gutless.
I think Clarke got out at the end of day 4 (to Pietersen lol) and then it was fairly obvious England were going to win.

91Jmay

International Coach
With a first glance at that score card i was wondering why you linked it. Nothing wrong there. 200 and 350 plays 170 and 300 then noticed the details of the 4th innings. My word.
Did they know they were allowed to use their bat against Sarfraz Nawaz? So many bowled

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think Clarke got out at the end of day 4 (to Pietersen lol) and then it was fairly obvious England were going to win.
Broad got injured on day 4 and there was an epic storm that would have ended play really early if they'd knuckled down enough.

Clarke was obviously a turning point though.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Would like to nominate the 2nd Innings at Delhi in 2013.
164 all out, of which 50 were scored by Peter Siddle. Jadeja 5 wickets. Glenn Maxwell opening the batting...
God, Maxwell opening and Watson as captain. What a tour. We've had so many farcical tours, not just innings/matches, that's the biggest embarrassment.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
God, Maxwell opening and Watson as captain. What a tour. We've had so many farcical tours, not just innings/matches, that's the biggest embarrassment.
What makes it even worse was that Watson had been dropped the previous test for not doing his homework.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Nope, that's a widespread myth. By his own admission, the pitch had variable bounce by then; He just bowled straight and let the pitch do the rest.
Yeah this pretty much. There isn't great video available of that match to really verify this. But you're right. He does not refer to reverse swing at all with relation to that match.